Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We Were Swinging!

I promise that tonight's blog is going to be short, after yesterday's long saga.

This morning, our good friends, Charlie and Ellen Cooper came over to the rescue ranch, with a friend, who was thinking about adopting one of our dogs. It didn't take the nice man long, to find his new forever friend. He picked Roxie! We were thrilled, but she was so excited that she wouldn't quit jumping up and down, and running around in circles! Something that Tony and I haven't done since we first started dating each other.

This was Roxie's third time to get adopted. Our dear friend Bob, adopted her first, but his dog, Blue, didn't think she was as cute as Bob did. Then Roxie got adopted to a nice young couple, but that didn't last long, because the young woman got pregnant and they no longer wanted her. And, I'm not kidding! So, I'm hoping, as it is so often said, 'that the third time is the charm,' that Roxanne has charmed her way into her final forever home.

This afternoon, Tone and I went to Kerrville to pick up Bogie. Before we went to Hoegemeyer's, we stopped by the Salvation Army hoping to find a few golf clubs, and some used golf balls, and we hit pay dirt! I found three Ben Hogan woods!

Ben Hogan was, and is still one of Fort Worth's pride and joy golfers! The day before, when we had asked Will what kind of clubs to buy, he suggested that we get eight and nine irons, and putters, so we did. Then when we went over to the next isle, we found golf ball heaven! We bought forty of them at twenty-five cents each! When we checked out, our bill for our new found sport was only thirty-two dollars and thirty-seven cents!

After we picked up Bogie, we came back to the ranch, and dropped off one happy cat, at The Pro Shop. Then we came home, so I could paint 'his and her' golf balls. I painted Tony's balls blue, and mine, of course, are pink, then I sprayed them with a protective clear varnish. We were ready to tee off for the very first time!


This evening, after it had cooled off some, we jumped into Trigger and went over to The Pro Shop! Will thought my Ben Hogan clubs were awesome and he teased us about our painted golf balls. Then we took off to the main flat. Will gave T. and me a few golfing tips, and then we were swinging!

Will was the best. He hit the targets about ninety percent of the time. Tony came in second. He hit the targets about fifty percent of the time. As for me, I missed every other ball, and I hit the ground so many times, my arm is sore. I'm thinking golf might not be my cup of tee.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

Good morning Nancy, I love your pink balls, they look awesome! I won't comment on Tony's blue balls, that would be just wrong.

Love ya!
F. xoxo