Monday, September 21, 2009

Eight More Days!

This morning, when Tony came back from Medina, he said, "Nance, Fourth was really excited about you giving him a signed copy of your book! He wanted to pay for it, but I told him, that you wanted to give it to him."

"That's great, Tony. I am glad he liked it."

"He told me that he was going to take it home, for Linda to read today, before going to work."

"Did you have to wake Kinky up, or was he already up?"

"I called him at five-thirty, and had to wake him up."

After we drank our breakfast smoothies, I walked six fast miles, while Tone was outside feeding the dogs and cleaning their pens with Aaron.

Kinky called me from Austin, around ten-thirty. He, Debora and Little Jewford are flying out around four o'clock, for Europe. He told me that he enjoyed the Bandera induction, and he asked me to please visit The Friedmans at least once a day, even though Will is baby sitting them. I told him that I would.

Around two o'clock, Carol came over with her friend, James, for a visit. James volunteers at a rescue shelter up near Dallas, and he wanted to see our rescue ranch, and Carol wanted us to meet him. As soon as they arrived, Carol handed me a bag of her delicious, homemade healthy cookies, and then we went into Outer Space and had a really fun visit! As always, there was much laughing.

After they left, Kinky called me from the airport. "Nance, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I guess," I said. "Why?"

"You sounded down earlier, and I wanted to make sure that you're okay. I was a little down earlier, too. Do you think it is because Mercury is in retrograde?"

"I know it's because Mercury is in retrograde, and we've got eight more days of this kind of crazy stuff. I'm fine, Kinky, honest. I talked to Jon Wolfmueller earlier, and he told me that Mercury has been playing havoc on them today, too. He told me that
their Internet kept going down on them, which it never does, and their computer was playing head games with them, too. It must be affecting everyone today. Oh, here's some good news. We have just rescued another dog that's from..." Our conversation ended on a happy note.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: