Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tony!

Things are starting to get really weird around here, because it's fixin' to be full moon time this Friday, and Mercury goes into retrograde this coming Sunday! We're talkin' a double whammy, and I am already dreading it! In fact, the craziness has already started. Here are just a few examples:

Two days ago, while I was using the printer, which like me, is very sensitive to these days, went berserk, while I was printing out a couple of thank you letters. After it had printed out the two letters that I had requested, it became possessed, and it began randomly printing various pages from my new book, and it wouldn't stop until I turned it off and unplugged it. When I plugged it back into the wall, before I even pushed its on button, it started rapidly running sheets of paper through it, and that's when I unplugged it, again.

Then this morning, while I was doing my six miles with Leslie, the DVD player went into slow-motion for no reason. Near the end of the last half mile, which usually takes less than five minutes, it took over ten minutes! Actually it was pretty funny watching her and her friends, walking at a snail's pace. And, needless to say, I skipped circles around them. And, this was the first time that that has ever happened.

Around eleven o'clock, I came out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen, and hollered, "Tony!"

"What?" Tony said softly, followed by a laugh. I thought that he was in his office, down the hall, but he was standing over by the kitchen sink, just two feet away from me, and I hadn't even seen him! And yes, he has teased me all day about it.

As you can probably tell, I am not looking forward to this weekend either, because I know that it is going to be the 'weird weekend from you know where.' Seriously, there will be a lot of nuts showing up out here, and I get to deal with them, because that is my job. Of course, there will be some normal people out here, too, but this place becomes a looney-toon nut-magnet, during full moon time.

My friend, Cindy and I talked today, and she is doing great, and she loves her new ranch in northern New Mexico. This afternoon, Kinky called me from Dallas, before hopping a plane to El Paso. He is doing fine, too, and he should be back at the ranch on Saturday. I miss him, and I can't wait to see him.

I'm fixin' to head to bed, because I am doing The Harley Show, in the morning at seven-forty-five!

I would love to hear from y'all about any weird events or unusual things that happen to you in the next few days.

Y'all have a great evening!

7 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, I have a candidate for the weird experience of this full moon:

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92971?fp=1

What do you think? Do we have a winner???

Looking forward to more 'nominees'!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! It is definitely a candidate. I didn't look at it, because of the warning that it was gross to look at. I am hoping to hear about more full moon and merc in retrograde happenings.

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, in an effort to outdo myself, I will mention a couple of other candidates for 'weird'. I was a passenger in Lori's Sienna today and I guess I should confess that we were in AUSTIN, which undoubtedly takes some points away from anything seen that was weird, because, after all, weird is the norm in Austin, right?

1) There was a billboard with the wording "will you take me for ice cream after you paralyze me?". I have no explanation, so please don't ask.

2) There was a man and his ladyfriend walking down the street. I can't describe the lady but the man had about 5-6" long TOENAILS painted a bright blue green and he also had a marking on his forehead more frequently seen on ladies of (Eastern) Indian lineage.

3) There was another man in work boots, overalls and looking very 'he-man' walking into the Central Market on N Lamar. Well, there was some ornamentation that kept him from looking exactly like the farmer types like you'd seen around here. Huge (!) hammered brass round earrings hung from both ears and these matched an enormous hammered brass necklace atop those denim overalls. But WAIT - there's MORE! He also carried, as his 'purse', a US Army olive drab metal ammo box.

And finally, as we were leaving Austin on Mo-Pac we saw a billboard advertising the upcoming Weird Run - a running event that proudly celebrates the theme of Keep Austin Weird.

I welcome all challengers to the above weirdness (but remember that seeing it in Austin carries a penalty because weird's the 'norm' there)!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! So far you are leading in points!

Mari of the NoMads said...

Taking my cue from The People of Wal-Mart (an email I received), I headed to Wal-Mart today to see if there might be anything weird to see. (Ok, ok, so I had to go to Wal-Mart anyway, but I sure kept my eyes peeled for 'weird' this time.)

I was ALMOST disappointed - until I was leaving the store and saw a man with a big fish (designed to 'boat' LARGE fish) on an aluminum pole on his shoulder outside the store! He was telling another man that he wished he "would take the bat" with him!

And sure enough there was a bat lying on the sidewalk! It was seemingly injured but NOT dead!

I walked to my vehicle to await my husband. I checked on the bat several times. The bat was moving and trying its wings. Several people took cell phone pictures of the hapless bat. The man with the fish net went inside Wal-Mart - perhaps to cajole others into 'taking the bat'? He never returned.

After a few minutes an elderly man wheeled his grocery cart right past the bat to his vehicle and then returned the cart to the proper place in the parking row.

I watched that man for a few seconds, then turned to look at the bat. It was G-O-N-E. No one was nearby.

Ok, so does this count as a full moon experience if it happened during the day? After all, it does involve a BAT, a creature of the night!

Mari of the NoMads said...

Ok, Nancy here's a bona fide Mercury-in-retrograde experience for ya. I ordered an Egg McMuffin at a Mickey D's in Kerrville. Now I always ask for the cheese "on the side" (to give my dogs for treats) and for "real bacon instead of Canadian bacon". Knowing how fast food orders can be misconstrued, I ALWAYS check my order before leaving the drive-thru window. I checked for the cheese - yep, it was in a separate 'box'. I checked for real bacon - yep, it was peeking out from the muffin. So I drove away, only to take a bite later and find that the crack team of chefs at McDonald's had left off the EGG in the EGG McMuffin!

So, am I the only one experiencing troubles from the full moon and ole Merc? At this rate, I'm a 'shoo-in' to win the weird experience of the weekend award!

cousin nancy said...

Good morning Mari! That is a perfect weird experience. Thanks for making me laugh!