Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Twiddling Time!

This morning when I woke up, it was raining! While I was feeding the fur family, it began thundering and lightning! So, as usual, I unplugged everything inside the trailer, so in case lightning struck the Nellybelle, we wouldn't lose any of our electronic must haves. I wanted to call Ronnie, up in Dripping Springs, to see if they were getting any of the much needed rain, but I couldn't because I won't talk on the phone during storms. So, I twiddled my thumbs, and waited for Tony to come home.

While twiddling, it occurred to me, that if lightning were to actually strike our trailer, we'd lose all of our electronics anyway, because the lightning would cause Beano, our propane tank, that is only twenty feet away from our backdoor—to explode! Which would then cause the Nellybelle, my beloved 1983 Fleetwood, to either catch on fire, or roll down the hill, and then fall off of the steep cliff, into the creek below and be washed away.

Visualizing all of this happening, kinda depressed me. It was not a pretty sight. Then I realized that Mercury in retrograde was the cause of my latest weird thoughts, and semi-depressed mood. So I did something about it.

First, I lit a little brick of my new pinion pine incense. When the sweet scented smoke began streaming out of the little adobe chimney, I plugged in my Himalayan Salt lamp, that I purchased from Gibson's, years ago. I was starting to feel a little bit better, then lightning struck about four miles away, and it lit up the sky!

I needed my music, to help calm me down. So, I pulled my iTouch out of my purse, then I removed my 80 gig iPod, from the Bose iDock, and set them down on the kitchen table, right next to each other. I had to decide which one I wanted more, in case a power surge should destroy it.

It took me over three minutes to decide. I kept going back and forth. It was a hard decision for me to make, but I finally decided it would be the 80 Gig I'd sacrifice, if I had to. I felt guilty for having to pick favorites, because I love them both. Then, for a second, I thought about sacrificing Tony's 35 Gig iPod instead, and that's when T. walked inside the trailer. "Morning Nance," Tony said. "Looks like we've gotten over an inch of rain." Then lightning stuck again outside!

"Tone, I have decided to sacrifice my 80 Gig to lightning, because I really need to listen to my music. We have three Bose, and I am also willing to lose one of them, too," I said. Tony smiled, and then he gave me a big bear hug.

"Nance, you don't have to sacrifice anything," T. said. He then picked up my Bose iDock off of the entertainment center, then he started laughing! "Have you forgotten that this one is a portable, and it runs on batteries, too?" Then he removed the power cord, inserted my 80 Gig, and pushed the play button. I had music, and I felt like a fool!

The electrical storms finally moved out by ten o'clock, and that's when I walked eight fast miles with Leslie Sansone and her friends. I did the extra two miles to help reduce my stress.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: