Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where Are You?

This morning, when Tony woke me up at six o'clock, so I could do the Harley Show, at seven-forty-five—it was raining outside! Tone then took off for Medina, to drink coffee with his friends, and I stayed in bed for fifteen minutes or so, just enjoying the company of being with my dogs and cat. Next to writing, it's one of my most favorite things to do.

When I finally climbed out of the bed, I had a really rude awakening—my back was still out! Instead of saying, "Ouch," I said a cuss word, and I'm not telling you the first letter of that word. After feeding my best friends, I went to the kitchen table, sat down, and checked my e-mails. I had twenty-six new ones.

By seven-forty, I was nearly done responding to my new e's, when the phone rang. I let Carlton take the call. "Hello, Cousin Nancy! This is Harley. Are you..."

I jumped out of my chair to pick up the phone, which was a big mistake. I felt a sharp back pain, cringed, and then picked up the phone. "Hi, Harley!"

"Hi Cousin Nancy," Harley said. "We need to do the show a little earlier this morning, because I have two guests coming into the studio. Are you ready to do it?"

"Yes, Harley. Are we on the air?" I asked.

"Yes, we are. Do you know who 'Harley's Pet of the Week" is?"

"Yes, it is Buffalo Girl, and she's one really great dog. She is nearly three years old and..." Harley and I visited for a few minutes, talking about her, as the rain continued to fall outside!

After walking six very easy, moderate miles with Les, I cleared a pile of paperwork off of my desk, as the rain made puddle after puddle outside, with the temperature being only seventy-one degrees outside! I loved it!

At two-thirty, I called Kinky on his cell phone. "Hi, Kinky, we've received over an inch of rain today!" Kink was delighted with my good news. "Where are you?" I asked.

"We're headed up to Grapevine..." After we hung up, I returned a few more e-mails and phone calls, then I took a short, twenty minute nap with my best friends.

This afternoon, when I was done with all of my rescue ranch work, I watched Oprah. Her show was fantastic! I actually teared up, when the Black Eyed Peas kicked off her twenty four year anniversary show! As those incredibly talented, three men and woman sang, I watched over twenty-thousand people, in the streets of Chicago, do a 'Flash Mob!" It was so awesome and full of love, which we all need more of!

'Flash Mob' is a new term for me. I found out that it is when several people purposefully gather, and perform at a public place. It blew Oprah away and me, too! Twenty thousand people danced and did the wave for her! You can check it out on Oprah. It was totally awesome! Then after Jennifer Hudson gave her outstanding performance, James Taylor came out on stage and he was incredible!

Before he was done singing, I had purchased his new album, "Covers," on iTunes! I am listening to it right now, and it is absolutely fabulous. In fact, as I type this, he is singing 'On Broadway!"

Y'all have a great night!

4 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Back pain - terrible! Hope you're feeling better soon Nancy.
I'm making your delicious Turkey Burgers tonight! Mmmmmm, I'm hungry already.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! My back is slowing starting to get better, thank goodness! I promise that you will love the burgers, and I used ketchup and jalapeno mustard on the buns. I can't wait to hear back from you!

DY_Goddess said...

Oh! They were so delicious!! When I told the girls I was making turkey burgers they were not impressed... but they loved them! Great recipe, thanks!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Fay! Thanks for letting me know what you thought of the turkey burgers! Kinky, Tony, Ben, Will and Frank keep asking me when I am going to make them again! I love them and am so glad Oprah and The Donald shared the recipe!