Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy 58th Birthday, Nita! I'm Right Behind You!

Today has been a really great day, because Mercury is no longer in retrograde, and it is Nita's, my favorite sister-in-law, fifty-eighth birthday! Happy Birthday Nita! I love you, Tony loves you, heck everybody loves you, especially Ronnie! I hope you have the best birthday ever!

This morning I overslept, but thanks to my furry old friends, I was only behind schedule by fifteen minutes. After Tony had done his outside chores, and I had walked six miles with Leslie Sansone, Will called from the Lodge. "Nancy, when do y'all want me to catch Bogie? He's here right now."

Bogie is a big handsome cat, that showed up at the Lodge several months ago, but nobody was able to catch him, because The Friedmans kept running him off. About a month ago, while Kinky was on the road, Will took it upon himself to make friends with Bogie. He began feeding him regularly, when The Friedmans were not around. At first, Bogie would hiss at Will, like he was going to attack him, but over time, Bogie learned to trust Will and they became good friends.

Bogie would follow Will all around the ranch, and soon he was coming into The Pro Shop, to visit with Will. Before Kinky took off for his two week European Tour, he asked Brian Kanof if he would consider adopting Bogie. After I had had several back and forth phone calls with Brian, we made a plan.

Brian told me that in three weeks, when he returns from El Paso, he will come by the ranch to adopt Bogie. I told him that we would get him neutered and given all shots, so Bogie would be ready to go when he got here. So, this morning when Will called about Bogie, I told him that we would be over there in twenty minutes with a crate.

When Tony and I arrived at the Lodge, we were greeted by The Friedmans. After petting them and a short visit, we locked them inside the Lodge, so Will could catch Bogie. In no time flat, Bogie was following Will and Tony into the annex aka The Pro Shop, where Will lives when he is dog sitting The Friedmans for Kinky. Here is a short video clip of Will crating Bogie for us. 'Trapper Will'.

After Tony loaded up Bogie, Buttermilk took us to Hoegemeyer's Animal Clinic. Here is a picture of Tony unloading Bogie.

After dropping off Bogie, we went to Randy and Lisa's Save Inn restaurant for an early lunch. Our lunch was delicious, as always, then Buttermilk took us back to the ranch.

After returning fourteen phone calls, I took what was left of the spinach quiche, that I had made for Rick and Leisa's breakfast yesterday, grabbed my camera, and then went outside to Layla's pen. To my surprise, Layla loved my quiche more than Leisa and Rick had! I took little pieces and dropped them closer and closer to me, and near the end of Layla's brunch, she was eating within two feet of me! After consuming her tasty meal, Layla walked around the pen a bit, and then she went and laid down. Here are a couple of pictures that I took of this beautiful dog!


After Layla laid down, I sat down on the ground, about ten feet away from her, and talked to her. Then Tony showed up, because he wanted to work with her, too, so I went back to the trailer.

"Nance," Tone said, when he returned to the trailer, wearing a big smile on his face. "She licked my hand. Layla licked my hand!" Needless to say, that made our day! Then I called Nita to wish her a happy birthday.

"Happy 58th Birthday, Nita!" I said. "I'm right behind you!"

"Thanks, Nance," Nita replied.

"Can you believe that we are this old?"

"No, I can't."

"Then go look in the mirror!" I said. "I hope that you are having a great birthday, and Tone and I will see you in few weeks at the family reunion. I am thrilled that..."

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

WILLIAM WALLACE? Are you kidding me Nancy?!!! When you called him Will, I didn't think anything of it, but when I watched the Youtube video and saw "William Wallace" I couldn't believe it! He's uberScottish!! Too funny.

No wonder I thought he was so cute right from the get go. My blood is plaid after all, I can't help but notice such things LOL

Anyhow, I've got to write a paper for school. Blog on Nance!

cousin nancy said...

Howdy Fay! You crack me up! Good luck with your paper! And, thank you for the comment.