Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Are You Having Fun?

I got up around six o'clock this morning and it was fifty-seven degrees outside, just like it was yesterday morning! I loved it! After enduring the hottest and driest summer on record ever, with at least fifty-six consecutive days of over a hundred degrees, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, when I stepped out onto the porch to watch the rain!

Fortunately, this time the rain was not accompanied with thunder, and a free light show. After Tony and I drank our breakfasts, we decided to turn on the central heat, because it was sixty-nine degrees inside the trailer. At one point, near the finish of my eighth mile, I realized that this is the very first time that we have ever had to turn on the heater in September.

This afternoon, Tony and I went to Bandera to do some banking, and when we got back home, Kinky called. "How are you doing, Nance?" Kinky asked.

"I'm fine. Tonight I am watching It's A Wonderful Life, and then work on my Bucket List.

"That's one of my favorite movies," Kinky said.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in London."

"What time is it there?"

"Nearly eight o'clock in the evening."

"Are you having fun?"

"Yes," Kinky said. We then talked about The Friedmans, the rain, and a few other things.

Overall, it's been a very quiet day today, and there's not much else to tell.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: