Friday, September 4, 2009

I Guess I Could!

This morning Ellen, Eileen, and Jim came out to the rescue ranch to hand out treats, and to walk our dogs! I loved it, but not as much as the dogs did! Thank y'all!

Well, thanks to the full moon and Mercury, I did the dumbest thing this afternoon! After Tony and Ben had finished working outside, they came to the trailer, so we could visit.

I first showed Ben some new pictures of Cindy's ranch, that she had sent to me. Like me, he thought her place was awesome. Then Ben told me about this mysterious, stencil graffiti artist, that Will Wallace had told him about. Banksy, from England. We went online, and Ben showed me some of Banksy's incredibly great art, that seems to be popping up, on buildings, all around the world!

Then it was my turn. I showed Ben, a clip from an Oprah show, that I had taped earlier this week, with these two young men dancing. They call themselves Signature, and they are such fantastic dancers! After Ben watched them dance on Oprah, he agreed with me about them being incredibly talented. Then the phone rang.

I glanced at the Caller I.D., it was a local number, and when I told Tony the number, he said, "Pick it up! It's Will calling from The Pro Shop!" I decided to play a joke on Will, so when I picked up the phone, I sang, in a higher pitched voice, "Where there's a Will—there's a way!" Ben and Tone started laughing! I had gotten Will! Please note: Kinky, Tony, Ben, Will and I are always playing jokes like this on each other.

"This isn't the rescue ranch?" A confused sounding woman said. I felt horrible about answering the phone like that, and was so embarrassed, to say the least. "I'm sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number." Click.

"It wasn't Will!..." I said. Tony and Ben couldn't quit laughing at me! "Thanks, Tony. I feel terrible."

"Nance, she'll call right back," Tone said, right before the phone rang, again.

I looked at the Caller I. D., "OMG! Tony answer the phone! It's her! I am too embarrassed to talk to her, she'll recognize my voice." Tony picked up the phone, and then he started talking to her. Ben and I had to go outside, because we were laughing so hard at my stupid mistaken identity.

A few minutes later, T. came outside to join us. "Nance, she's a really nice woman and she wanted to know..."

"Nance," Ben said. "You have got to blog about this tonight." Then he and Tony started laughing at me. When the laughter subsided, Ben and I went over to the Lodge to tell Will all about my stupid mistake, caused by the moon and Mercury.

After telling Will about my foolish joke backfiring, I challenged him to a game of pool. As Kinky has often said, "'Will, the Cock, Wallace,' is a legend at the ranch, when it comes to shooting pool."

Will's response to my challenge was, "I guess I could." Which made Ben and me laugh!

Our one game tournament was short and sweet. I lost. I am not posting the pictures that Ben took of us shooting pool, because I look fat in all of them! Sorry Ben. And, I am not telling Tony about my loss, because Will, the Cock, Wallace beat the Medina Bulldog, the last time they played!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: