Thursday, September 17, 2009

Will, Ben and Cousin Nancy Have Left The Building!

"I love you, Babe," Tony said, at six o'clock this morning. "I'm going to miss you." Then he gave me a hug and a kiss, and then he left the trailer—to go win a fishing tournament at Choke Canyon.

After feeding Lucky and the dogs, I called in and did the Harley Show, and he and I did a lot of laughing as usual! I just love Harley Belew. He is such a nice man, and he has a beautiful family to prove it. After doing his fun show, I started walking my six miles.

Near the end of my workout, around nine-thirty, when I only had a half of a mile to go, Aaron knocked on the front door. "Come on in, Aaron." I said. Aaron came inside carrying two very large, identical boxes.

"Nancy, FedEx just came, and I had to sign for these two boxes. One is for you, and the other is for Kinky. Where do you want me to put them?"

As I race walked big circles, around the big room and the kitchen, I said, "Right there by the bookcase is just fine. Thank you, Aaron. Who are they from?"

"General Produce, Inc. in Georgia," Aaron said. "I'll bet it's fruit." Then he left to go back to work with Ben outside.

When I was done walking with Leslie Sansone, I poured myself a cup of coffee, then I grabbed the scissors and opened up the box with my name on it. After removing the protective foam rubber, and cold packs, I found two good looking General Produce, Inc. caps, a half of a bushel of beautiful Georgia peaches, and a note from Calvin. His note read:

"Cousin Nancy and Tony, Enjoy!


I immediately called Kinky. "Morning Kink, it's Nance. FedEx was just here. They just dropped off two boxes of delicious peaches for you, and for Tone and me!"

"That's great! Who sent them?" I told Kinky about Calvin, and he remembered meeting him at the event. "Can you bring them over?"

"Nope," I said. "The box is really heavy. I'm meeting Will and Ben in Kerrville for lunch, and when we get back to the ranch, I'll get them to help me with the box..."

A little while later, I was sitting on a bench, outside a hamburger joint in Kerrville, waiting for Ben and Will to arrive. I played with my iTouch, checking my e-mail, the weather, and my blog. Ten minutes later, we entered the diner. Forty-five minutes later we left the building, after a delicious lunch, and a really fun conversation centered mainly on our iPhones and iTouches.

I listened to James Taylor, as Buttermilk took me back to the rescue ranch. About a mile from the ranch, I passed a car of waving people, headed in the opposite direction. I waved at the overly friendly people, as I sang along with James singing, Not Fade Away!

When I pulled up to our gate, that car pulled up beside me! I looked over to see who they were, and then I burst out laughing and then I jumped out of Buttermilk! Jon, Sandy and Kurt Wolfmueller were laughing their heads off at me! "Nancy, didn't you see us on the road waving at you?"

"I saw y'all, but I didn't!" I said. "Y'all know that I'm blind as a bat, and I just thought that y'all were some happy tourists driving around the Hill Country. Come on into the ranch."

"We can't," Sandy said. "We need to get back to Kerrville, so I can fix them dinner. We went to Bandera today, and we decided to drop by the rescue ranch to see y'all. We had a nice visit, over at the Lodge, with Kinky, and we left you a card. It's up there on your mailbox." I went over and removed their card.

I begged Sandy and Jon to please come up to the trailer, and finally, they agreed to a short visit. As soon as we walked inside the trailer, I cranked up James Taylor on my iPod, so Sandy, Jon and Kurt could hear how great that CD is! After Sandy listened to Not Fade Away, On Broadway, and Summertime Blues, she said, "I am going to buy his album on iTunes, as soon as we get home! Then the four of us went into Outer Space!

I had a really fun visit with them, but it was way too short! As they were leaving the rescue ranch, Ben and Will arrived back at the rescue ranch. After they had all said their howdies to each other, the Wolfmuellers took off for Kerrville. I walked down to the barn to ask Will and Ben to help me load up Kinky's box of peaches, in the back of Trigger.

Fifteen minutes later, the three of us were sitting in the kitchen, visiting with Kinky, as he ate a peach! He told us that it was delicious!

P.S. I am really starting to miss T.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

Nancy writes, "P.S. I am really starting to miss T."

Awwww, that's very sweet.