Monday, August 31, 2009

The Curious Case of Miracle Grow!

Yesterday morning, after feeding our dogs and Lucky, I decided to take a day off from my walking routine. Then when Tony came home from Medina, he was somewhat surprised that our breakfast smoothies weren't ready. "Are you going to fix our smoothies? I'm starving, Babe," were his exact words.

"Nope," I said. "Earlier this morning, I decided that I am going to take a day off from my daily routine. Let's go to Kerrville. I will treat you to breakfast at Randy and Lisa's Save Inn! Aaron can handle feeding the dogs, and cleaning the pens."

Thirty minutes later, Tony and I were at the Save Inn, giving our order to one of their friendly waitresses. I laughed out loud, after Tone told the waitress what he wanted, because it was exactly what I had ordered—their Sinker Omelet, with a side of biscuits and gravy.

As we waited for our breakfast, the place began to fill up quickly. "It's a good thing that we got here, when we did," I said to Tone, as our waitress served us our breakfast. As we ate, I couldn't help eavesdropping on the table next to ours. Two couples, probably about my age, were talking loudly about what kind of fertilizer they preferred. One couple loved Miracle Grow, and their friends, swore that Scott's was the best rated by some consumer magazine.

As T. and I continued to eat our delicious breakfast, our temporary next door neighbors, changed the subject to solar energy, after Scott's had won out. The Miracle Grow people were opposed to it and thought it was silly, while Scott's people bragged on and on about their new outdoor solar lights. I was starting to like the Scott's couple. Then Lisa saw us, and she came over to our table to greet us!

Tony and I love Lisa. She is one of the nicest and friendliest people in Kerrville, just ask any Kerrvert. After she walked away from our table, our waitress served the neighbors their breakfast, and their conversation ended abruptly.

After paying for our breakfast, Tone and I swung by H.E.B. and grabbed dog food and a few groceries, then Trigger brought us home.

The reason I didn't blog yesterday, was because I worked on my book for over nine hours straight, and I was pretty exhausted, but happy with the end results. There is still much to do before I publish it, but I am now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

This morning I overslept, but by eight o'clock I was back into my regular routine. Leslie and I walked six miles together, and then I spent the rest of the morning returning phone calls, e-mails and catching up on my paperwork.

The rest of today has been pretty quiet and nothing much happened. Tony and I are fixin' to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: