Monday, July 26, 2010

The Cowboy Steak House!

Today has been a good day and I accomplished much. I spent most of my day inside the trailer stuffing envelopes with our 2010 Newsletter. And by the end of the day I went and mailed out over two hundred of them.

This afternoon Kinky called me from Vancouver, British Columbia, to check on me and Tony and the dogs. The reason that he is in Canada right now is because he is doing his 1st West Coast Performance Tour in over twenty years with Little Jewford and Washington Ratso. The "Go West Young Kinky Tour of 2010" starts tonight at the Biltmore Cabaret in Vancouver and then it moves south to Seattle for a performance tomorrow night at the Triple Door.  Here is a list of his back-to-back up-coming performances.


GO WEST YOUNG KINKY TOUR OF 2010




July 26              VancouverBC               Biltmore Cabaret
July 27              SeattleWA                  Triple Door
July 28              Portland, OR                 Roseland Theater
July 30              San FranciscoCA         Great American Music Hall
July 31              Los AngelesCA            McCabe's (2 shows)
Aug. 1               San DiegoCA               Belly Up (with Mojo Nixon),
Aug. 2               Hermosa BeachCA      Saint Rocke
Aug. 3               BakersfieldCA              Fishlips
Aug. 4               Santa CruzCA             Moe's Alley
Aug. 5               SebastopolCA             North Bay Live at Studio E
Aug. 6               Winters, CA                  Palms Playhouse
Aug. 7               Santa Ynez, CA            Maverick Saloon

After reading the long list of where they will be performing exhausts me, because I can't imagine ever going on the road period and for that long with all of the traveling involved. No thanks—I'm a stay-cation type of a person. Going to Kerrville is enough traveling for me. Heck, if I go as far away as Fredericksburg, which is only forty-four miles away, I call it a vacation if I don't get lost and it doesn't stress me out over the heavy traffic and I always can't wait to get back home. Pure and simple—I'm a homebody and Kinky has gypsy in his blood.

Well, that's about it for today. I had a peaceful productive day and tomorrow I plan to work on the newsletter, again. My friend Lori Graham of the famous NoMads and Cowboy Steak House in Kerrville just called me and left a message for me to call her.

Y'all have a great evening! I'm fixin' to call Lori.

No comments: