Thursday, July 1, 2010

You Know What I Mean!

Last night I got a lot of reading done, because it rained non-stop and it rained and didn't stop until six o'clock this morning when Tony woke me up so I wouldn't oversleep, so could do the Harley Show with Harley Belew at 7:45.

After I dressed in a sweat suit I fed our dogs and then I started a load of laundry and then I poured myself a cup of coffee and checked my e-mail and did some paperwork until it was time for me to call the Rose 99.9 radio station to talk to Harley about our rescue ranch.

The radio show was fun and went well. Annie Oakley was Harley's Pet of the Week. "Well Harley, she's just a little over a year old and she's a great dog. Annie is a beautiful dog and she only weighs about forty-five pounds and..."

Before we were done talking Harley mentioned Randy and Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant who sponsor our rescue ranch segment. "Harley, the Save Inn is the best restaurant in town," I said and Harley agreed with me. Then he asked me to tell him what ingredients are in their delicous Sinker Omelet, which is my favorite and what I always order. "Let's see, Harley. There are onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, cheese, sausage, ham and eggs and I cover them with their delicious homemade salsa that they make from scratch..."

After breakfast I walked four miles with Leslie Sansone, while Tony and Ben fed the dogs and cleaned their pens in the down pouring rain. After the four miles I put some sliced potatoes in a pan of water and started boiling them on the stovetop and then I proceeded to walk four more miles, again.

Around eleven o'clock when Tony and Ben came inside the trailer I visited with them while I prepared our lunch. "We're having steak, mashed potatoes, sausage, mixed vegetables and cherry tomatoes from Tony's organic garden for lunch," I said as I dropped the steaks into the skillet to cook. "Ben, our friend Tom Carpenter told me his secret to delicious steaks. All he uses is salt and pepper. He told me that people ruin steaks by putting all of the seasonings on steaks, so I am doing it Tom's way. I was going to grill them outside, but I can't because of the rain. I hope that they turn out as well as his. Seriously, his steaks were the best steaks that I have ever eaten."

"Ben, Nancy's right. Tom's steaks were the best steaks that I have ever eaten. You're going to love them," Tony said as I salted and peppered the steaks. "How much longer, Nance? I'm hungry."

As soon as we sat down to eat we all tried the steaks first and I got rave reviews from T. and Ben. "Thank y'all," I said, "I have to admit that they are good, but they're not as good as Tom's were. I wish that I could have grilled them..."

We had a fun conversation as we ate our delicious lunch. At one point during our conversation Ben told us about a friend of his that reminds him of me. "Nance, she is a lot like you and really cool. I mean she is out there and quirky like you are." We all started laughing and then I asked Ben to tell me more. He and Tony started laughing. "Well, she's into astrology, talks to trees and flowers and believes in ghosts like you do and that kind of stuff. Not that that is all that weird. I mean she is really cool, but she'll say these off of the wall things like: This morning I saw some fairies and I got to talk to them before they disappeared and she believes in poltergeists, too and reincarnation like you do. You know what I mean? Supernatural stuff, the full moon and the effects of Mercury being in retrograde. I believe in some of that stuff, but..."

"Yes, Ben, I know you do.  I would love to meet her," I said. Then I started laughing. "This is so weird that you are talking me to me about this because you're not going to believe what has just happened." Tony and Ben quit laughing and there was complete silence—waiting for me to tell them. "I just got goose bumps over this," I said. "Ben, last week after you left the strangest thing happened. You know those two Roy Roger foam coasters that I use to set my glass of water on, that I keep one by my laptop and the other one on the breakfast bar. Well, after you left last Saturday the coaster that I keep by my computer totally disappeared and now it is back as of right now! Look, there it is by my computer. It has been missing in action for over five days and now it is back. I have looked everywhere for it. I know that it has to be our poltergeist playing with me, again." Tone and Ben said nothing and then they got up and quickly went outside. As soon as they were gone I thanked our friendly poltergeist for returning the coaster and then I smudged the trailer with sweet sage.

It is starting to rain again and rain is forecasted for the entire weekend. I love it!

Y'all have a great evening.

1 comment:

Roger said...

I just want to share this with you: I was driving down West street this afternoon and saw this homeless guy trying to ride a bicycle with a really worn out plastic basket on the back of the bike. As I went by I saw this little dog fall out onto the sidewalk. I talked the guy into letting me take the dog about two miles up the road and meeting him in a bank parking lot. This guy had some serious mental problems, but true to a dogs nature, he was in an air coditioned car and "Shorty" didn't give a damn about that, his eyes were on the homeless guy on the bike. Me and the homeless guy had a few tense moments,didn't know where it was gonna go a few times, but Tim gave me a hug and thanked me for the help. I really don't think aproching these people is a good idea unless you are a fast runner or a good fighter, I'm neither, dumb would discribe me, but it ended OK.