Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wristful Thinking!

Today has been good even though I overslept this morning and I didn't have the time to walk with Leslie Sansone, because I needed to finish up the newsletter. After Tone went outside to do his chores I got creative concerning my wrist. Instead of tying the dinner knife to my wrist with my pink bandana, I used a flat carpenter's pencil and it worked beautifully. I could not move my wrist and I was feeling no pain.

When Tony came inside for lunch he started laughing and said, "I like your pencil. Why aren't you wearing the knife."

"Because it hurt, Tony. It was sharp."

Around two o'clock Tony came inside to tell me that Daniel and Shannon were here to adopt Gus and then he went back outside to talk to them. A minute later I went outside to greet them and to get them to sign Gus' adoption papers. After howdies and handshakes Daniel told me that he was reading my new book and he loved it. Then I went to talking too much about Gus before I realized I needed to explain why I was wearing a large, red pencil tied to my wrist by a pink bandana, so I told them why I was wearing it. While we talked about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Shannon filled out the adoption form.

Shannon and Daniel and their young son, Jackson, were thrilled about adopting Gus and so was Gus. Tony and I think the world of Jan and Todd and their family and we know that Gus is going to have a great life with his new family.

Late this afternoon Buttermilk took us to Kerrville to run a couple of errands. Our first stop was at Walgreens so I could buy a wrist stabilizer and that took about five minutes. Then we went to H.E.B. to buy dog food for our rescued dogs and then we came home.

I like my Mueller Carpal Tunnel Wrist Stabilizer and am wearing it as I type this. I just wish they made them in pink. Well, that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Not really for carpal tunnel, but it is a wrist support and it's pink!

Leave it to the Brits!

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/Vulkan-Elastic-Pink-Wraparound-Wrist-Support-PVU019059/

Anonymous said...

having c t means always having to say you are sorry. sorry i dropped my keys, sorry i dropped that cereal, sorry i can't hold that for long.