Sunday, July 25, 2010

My Birthday Present!

Today has been great! This morning Tony and I got up real early and he treated me to breakfast at Randy & Lisa's Save Inn Restaurant. As always their friendly waitress knew what we wanted to eat, so she turned our order in real quick for us. Then I told T. about wanting to put a new toilet in the Space Ship and we discussed toilets throughout our delicious breakfast.

After breakfast Buttermilk took us across the street to Home Depot so we could look at commodes. Within ten minutes I learned a load of information about toilets and their high prices. I needed a really small one to fit in the small space in the Space Ship's bathroom, but unfortunately they didn't carry one small enough, so we came home.

While Tony did his chores outside I got on the internet and checked out RV and eco-friendly toilets. The eco- friendly toilets were really cool, but not friendly price wise. The cheapest one I found was over a thousand dollars and that was way too expensive for me, so I checked out over a hundred other RV toilets and finally found one that I could afford. I purchased the Thetford Porta Potti 135 RV for $81.10! Then I went outside and jogged (yes, I am now jogging instead of skipping) to the dog pen that T. was cleaning up dog poop in.

"Tony, I am so excited! I just bought a Thetford Porta Potti 135 RV for the Space Ship and it is really cool! And it only cost me $81.10!" Tony smiled and then he laughed as he dumped the full pooper scooper into the bucket.

"Nance, you're the only person that I know who would ever get excited about getting a porta-potty. Tell me about it."

"There were several models to choose from. The more expensive ones had five gallon holding tanks, with five gallon water tanks and since I can't lift five gallons very easily, I decided on the Thetford Porta Potti 135 RV, because it has two and a half gallon tanks and I can handle that."

"How big is it?" Tony asked, as he walked into Ben Stiller's and Gracies's pen to clean it.

"It is fifteen inches long and thirteen inches wide and twelve inches high and it only weighs about eight pounds. It said it was sized for adults." Tony burst out laughing as he shoveled more poop into the bucket. "What's so funny, T.?"

"Twelve inches is sure low to the ground, Nance. Are you sure you can get up from it?" Then he started laughing, again. "I can see it now. You'll holler, 'Tony! Can you come in here and help me get up?'" Then I started laughing, because I hadn't thought of that and I knew that he was probably right.

"Well, then I'll just build a little pedestal for my porta-potty to rest on, Tony. Or you could build my porta-potty pedestal for my birthday present!" I said. Then I frowned. "I can't believe that I am fixin' to be fifty-nine years old. Tony I'm really getting old." Then I went back to our trailer and measured the height of our toilet in the master bedroom's bathroom—we're talkin' 15 inches tall. I figure that Tone can use some 2" x 4"s to get it up to code to meet my regulation standards.

This afternoon while we built another ramp for the three steps that lead into our trailer for Thunder, because she is really having trouble climbing those steps, June, our friend and super great volunteer, came out with her friends to show them our rescue ranch and I feel terrible about not meeting her friends. I was so busy looking for roofing nails to nail the outdoor carpet down and getting the ramp ready for Thunder—they left before I could go greet them. I'm so sorry, June! Thank you for coming out and please apologize to them for me and bring them back out. We can have a fun visit in Outer Space or the Space Ship.

I spent the rest of my day painting the nine metal screened-frames-window-covers blue for the Space Ship. And, I feel like a new person, again and I am so glad that I took today off, because I really needed a break from the rescue ranch. Tomorrow it is back to business as usual and I hope to mail out 200 more newsletters before the day is done.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: