Saturday, July 24, 2010

By Dawns Early Light!

Today has been a great day even though I was tired all day, because I didn't get much sleep last night. After I posted my blog last night Mama and I bid Tony farewell and then went out to the Space Ship for our girls night out.

As my favorite music played I read my new Susan Wittig Albert mystery, sitting on the left side of the breakfast nook while Mama slept like a log on my bed and everything seemed fine until my back started aching, because I had no back support.


I moved over to the box seat that I had built for storage, but that wasn't any better and that is when I decided I needed to buy a good chair or else renovate the "big room." Then near dark Tony showed up with a tray of sliced Ciabatta bread and Havarti cheese for us. While he and I ate and shared the delicious bread with Mama I told him about needing to buy a chair or maybe having to renovate the Space Ship and he was all for it. Thirty minutes later he went back to the trailer and Mama went back to bed and I read for about an hour before turning out the lights and going to bed.

I don't know if any of you have ever slept with a Great Pyrenees in your bed, but I have and I love it. Because Mama is so big, I feel like I'm sleeping with a person—a real hairy person with white hair like mine. When I got into bed Mama did what she always does when we sleep together. She snuggles up close to me and then puts her arm (front leg) around me and holds on to me.  I think that is so sweet and I always look forward to it.

But last night was an exception, because Mama had some serious gas problems and she nearly blew me away. It seems like all night long I was either awake trying to figure out what to do with the big room or Mama's gas leak. Do I buy a chair or call BP? The last thing I remember before falling to sleep was I decided to forget calling BP for any help—Mama's gas will pass.

By dawns early light there was a light tap on the trailer door and Mama leaped over me to the floor and rushed to the door. "Morning, Nance. I brought you some coffee. What is that smell?"

"Mama," I said. "Could you please put her in the yard for me. Somethings wrong with her stomach and she's been real gaseous for some reason." After Tony put Mama in the yard. I told him about my stinkin' girls night out and he laughed all the way to the trailer as he carried my stuff back inside our trailer. Then he paid off his five dollar bet that he had made with me and then I made us breakfast before he went outside to do his chores and before I walked six miles with Leslie Sansone.

Today we had two different sets of women come out for tours of the rescue ranch and we really liked them and enjoyed showing them the ranch and visiting with them. Before the last set of women left we went into the Space Ship so I could show it off to them. Thank goodness T. had left the doors open on it so it could air out, because one of the nice women said, "It smells so good in here. I love the smell of wood." I looked at Tone and he shot me a wink and then he thanked them before I could. It made me chuckle.

While they were admiring the Space Ship I told them about it not being comfortable to sit in because there was no place to sit for back support. "Turn that into a couch and get some big pillows to lean against the wall and build another box seat and put it between those two and then you will also have an extra bed," she suggested. My jaw dropped even though I realized that I was suddenly wearing a big grin on my face.


"I love your idea!" I said. "And that is exactly what I am going to do! Thank you so much. You just solved my problem and have made my day."

Tonight I am going to bed early, because I am taking tomorrow off and do a little building. It will be good for my soul and I'm charging the cordless drills' batteries now!

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mama dog had an aromatic case of the nerves missing the rest of the family:)

Sherri said...

Nancy,
Guess you didn't get my last message, as I didn't know what I was doing on here. We had a great time and so glad to meet the 2 of ya. The work you 2 do is awesome!! Please let me know if you still might be able to take at least one of these boys. The one is learning and behaving real nicely, and luvs to be loved on. I know ya'll could find him a home. We've don't have much time for them to stay where they are now. Like I told you, her health is not good at all. We also would like to still discuss another Rescue Ranch possibility.
Sherri