Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Belated (on the 20th) Birthday, Sage Ferrero! You Truly Rock!

The reason that I haven't posted a blog for the last two days is because I have been swamped with our newsletter and lawn care. As of this moment the rescue ranch's dog pens and lawn looks beautiful and I am caught up writing thank you letters and mailing out our donated books to our super supporters.

I have not been on the computer today until now, because I had so much to do today and I want to wish the coolest woman in Kerrville, Sage Ferrero, a Happy Belated Birthday. Her birthday was on July 20th and I didn't know it. I believe that Sage is ten years younger than me, but seriously she could pass for a woman in her twenties and what I love about her is that she always radiates good vibes. So, Happy Birthday to you, Sage! You Truly Rock!

After breakfast this morning I only walked six miles, because I needed to get more newsletters out. So,  after I stuffed over a hundred envelopes ready to be mailed out, I went outside to take a break from my paperwork, so I could visit with our dogs, because they "power" me up and make me feel good. Besides writing, being outside with our rescue dogs and talking to them is my favorite thing to do.

As I walked down the front porch steps, I grinned at what I saw—Lisa's SUV and Jim's truck were parked near the barn, which meant our great volunteers Lisa, Matt, Meghann and Jim were here! As Jim came walking in with Blackie and Alfie after taking them for a walk, I caught up with him and we had a fun, but short visit, because he couldn't wait to go walk some more of our dogs. Thank you, Jim!

Then I got to visit with Lisa, Matt and Meghann and catch up with all of their good news.  I found out that Lisa is still madly in love with Mark in Mississippi and her face was glowing or should I say blushing as Matt and Meghann teased her relentlessly about him. "Mark is all she ever talks about," Matt joked. "We're talkin' true love. It's Mark this or Mark that. That's all that she talks about."

After Matt gave me a big bear hug and Lisa had quit blushing he told me that he is working really hard and he likes his job. Then I decided that it was Matt's turn to blush, so I said, "Where's your cowboy hat? And what's that growing on the bottom of your chin?"

"My hat's in Lisa's car and I thought I'd try a new look," Matt said, as he rubbed the stubby hair on his chinny- chin-chin. Then Meghann told me about liking her job, but being really busy and wishing that she could come out more. Then they took off to go help Tony with his chores, so I came back to the trailer and returned several phone calls before cooking lunch for T. and me.

After lunch Tone and I took off for Kerrville in Buttermilk to run some errands. Our last stop was at Wolfmueller's Books to say hi to our good friends, Sandy and Jon. We had a fun, but brief visit with them as we sat and watched it raining outside. Then Buttermilk took us home.

After returning a few urgent phone calls from people wanting to bring us their dogs. I listened to Kinky's message, "Nance, I'm in the L.A. airport waiting for a plane to Vancouver. Call me." So, I called him.

"...Kink, we just got our Texas Monthly August issue today and I love that picture of you holding those two phones. People are going to love your column about giving advice to Rick Perry and Bill White. It is absolutely hilarious! I love it!" We talked for a few more minutes about the rescue ranch and then he had to go catch his plane to Canada to kick-start his West Coast Tour with Little Jewford and Washington Ratso.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy thank you for all you do...i am madly in love with Lisa right back...see ya soon you rock...Mark