Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Buttermilk's Temporary New Name or Where's Will?

It is eight-fifteen and I have so much to write about I have made myself a list so I won't forget and leave something out and I am allowing my wrist only one hour to type on the keyboard, because it seems to be getting better and not hurting as much. Here goes.

Today has been as fun as it was scary and I am not kidding one bit. This morning I woke up early and by nine-thirty I had walked another eight miles and I only have two more miles to go before I reach the 1,000 miles marker!

I spent most of my morning returning numerous phone calls, e-mails and addressing the envelopes for the  2010 newsletter. Around eleven-thirty I was starting to get a little weary and was thinking about taking a break when our good friend Carol called to see if it was okay for her and James to come over for a visit.

Fifteen minutes later she and James were sitting in Outer Space with Tone and me discussing how to freeze peaches, because they had brought us a bag full from Fredericksburg, which is famous for their delicious peaches. Then we talked about their fun trip to Ruidoso, New Mexico and how much we loved Ruidoso. Our next topic was about them selling their load of telephone poles to a friend of ours over in Utopia. Next we talked about photography. As Tony showed off his new lens to James, Carol told me that she had entered Lorri Park's picture of James with his horses in a local photo contest and it placed in the finals and it might make it into the contest's annual calendar!

After they told us about how much fun they have been having with their chickens and horses. Everyday they go out on their deck near the lake to eat watermelon. They told us that one day while eating watermelon the chickens showed up and started pecking at the seeds and then a few days later their horses joined in the fun—eating the rinds. "It's like a big party! It is so funny," Carol said. "Every time James and I go out on the deck with watermelon the horses and chickens show up."

When my back started to hurt from so much laughing, our fun visit peaked on the last topic—lawn mowers. Carol and James have purchased a new fancy riding lawnmower and the four us spent over fifteen minutes talking about which ones have the best seat, etc. and we laughed as we traded some of our funny lawnmower stories.

"Y'all, the first time that Nance ever mowed on our riding lawnmower—she forgot to lower the blades and didn't cut a single blade of grass! I kept waving to her trying to get her to stop, and she'd just wave back and keep on going. It was hilarious!"

"Carol did the same thing, too!" James said, as we laughed and Carol's face turned as red as one of Tony's prized organic, heirloom tomatoes. When it was time for them to leave we didn't want them to leave, but they did anyway.

I have three more things on my list to share with you, but there I have less than three minutes left before I  put my laptop to sleep for the night. Tomorrow night I will tell you about:

1. Our near death experience in Kerrville
2. What Kinky, Tony and I did this evening without Will.
3. Buttermilk's new temporary name.

Y'all have a great evening!

To Be Continued... (Sorry, Mari.)

1 comment:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Do not respond to this message, oh ye of the injured wrist.

I just have one thing to say and it is in regard to your "to be continued".

AUGH!

Ok I'm done now. Good night, sleep tight and do what I tell our dogs to do: HEAL!