Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Gizmo!

Today has been good even though it was another twelve hour day for me. After walking six miles with Leslie Sansone I spent the early morning working on the newsletter—addressing, stuffing, stamping and sealing envelopes. Then I started picking out the pictures that I needed to get printed for the stories that I'll be telling, at the speaking engagement that I will be doing tomorrow morning, at the Medina Library for their kids summer library program. After picking out fifteen stories to tell with pictures, I burned the pictures to a CD so I could print them out at H.E.B. or Walmart, so I could save money on the ink.

After lunch Buttermilk took Tone and me to Kerrville to run some errands. Our first stop was at H.E.B. to get groceries and print the pictures, but when we walked into H.E.B. their photo center had disappeared, so I figured I'd just get them printed at Walmart.

After paying for our groceries we went down the street to Copies Plus to pick up more newsletters for me to mail out. While we were visiting with Trisha and Marcie, Trisha gladly printed the fifteen color 8 X10's for me and they came out looking great.

Our last stop was at Walmart to buy dog food for our rescued dogs. Then we headed home, which was good, because when we got home the sky had turned into ugly shades of dark blue.  No sooner had we gotten inside the trailer with our groceries, pictures and newsletters it started raining cats and dogs outside, so we quickly unplugged everything in the trailer and then we put up our groceries.

For nearly two hours while it stormed outside, I sat at the kitchen table and worked on my speech that I am going to give in the morning to the kids. I am really honored and excited about having been asked to talk to the children about our rescue ranch, but of course I am also nervous, because I want to make sure that I do a really good job. I hope the kids will enjoy it and learn something about animal rescue and that I don't come off looking like a complete idiot.

When it quit raining I had my notes for the speech prepared and the pictures organized, so all I have to do in the morning is get up early so I can do my chores, wash my hair and do the Harley Show at 7:45. Then I will head to the Medina Libary at 8:45 so I can talk to the children at 9:30. Please wish me luck.

Yesterday Megan, who works at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, called me because she needs to find a home for her little Yorkie, Gizmo and I told her that I would try to help her. Gizmo is a 3 year old neutered male that loves to play with kids, gets along great with other animals, but occasionally will chase a cat but never does any harm to them. If you can help Gizmo please contact meghan at:
meganlynn_85@hotmail.com. Here are a couple pictures of this cute little guy.

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Those kids at the library are going to love you and the rescue ranch, Nancy! You will have them eating out of your hand! And maybe a few adoptions in the works?!!! Go girl!!!!