Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wristy Business!

I apologize for not posting a blog since Saturday, but I do have a good reason. I have been taking care of business and have just finished the newsletter as of late this afternoon with my wrist snug in a glove, because I now have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

The glove has helped some, but it has been h - e— double-you-know-what trying to type fast and correctly, because my fingers are held so close together. Okay, I am done complaining.

The good news is that I walked eight miles early this morning with Leslie Sansone and I have finally finished writing and editing the newsletter and all I have to do is print it out and send it out which I figure should take me three to four days tops.

This afternoon while I was wrist-wrestling on my computer a woman called and I let Carlton take the message for twenty seconds before I got up and grabbed the receiver and said, "Hello, this is Nancy."

The woman was crying. She told me that she was friends with Lisa and then she told me about her great, Great Pyrenees that was three years old that she could no longer keep, because she was being forced into moving into an apartment in San Marcus, because of the economy. As she weeped she said, "I am the kind of person who has always believed that when you get a dog you take care of it and keep it for life. I love my dog so much! And she doesn't deserve to be euthanized..."

 I felt so sorry for her I teared up and then I remembered the couple in Medina that was wanting to adopt a Great Pyrenees a few weeks ago, so I told her about them. "Let me find their phone number and call them and then I will call you back. Keep your fingers crossed."

I called the couple and spoke to the woman. "We found a three-month old Pyrenees mix last week and she is adorable. We love her so much and she's..." I felt sick for Lisa's friend's dog. When the sweet woman stopped to take a breath I told her all about the Great Pyrenees and the woman not wanting to euthanize her. Then there was silence on the line between here and Medina. "Oh, no!" She said. "Let me talk to my husband and call you back."

I then went outside to be with Mama, our nine-year old, rescued Great Pyrenees mix. The second that I walked back inside the phone rang—it was the woman from Medina. "Nancy, we will take her. When I told my husband about the dog having to be put down he teared up and told me, 'What's one more? We can take her. Please ask Mary Jo to give us a call."

"Mary Jo, this is Nancy. The people have already found a Great Pyrenees pup," I said.

Then Mary Jo cut me off before I could finish my sentence and said, Oh no!" Then she started crying.

So, I cut her off and said, "But they will take her and they are very nice people. I know your dog will have a good home with them." Then we both started crying as she thanked me for helping her with her dog.

This is about all that I can type tonight under my self-imposed "Wrist Watch Curfew." I need to give it a rest.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: