Saturday, August 1, 2009

Old Timer Revisited!

This morning I took the day off from my walking routine, because I knew it was going to be a busy day for me, and there was much that I needed to take care of. Tony went to the Old Timer for the first time in three days! Tone has to be really sick, to not go there, in the mornings, to visit with his friends. So, in other words—T. is well and feeling great at last!

Linda T. came out this morning, and she helped Aaron dip our dogs, and take them for walks! Thank you Linda! Around ten-thirty, Kinky called me. "Nance, two very nice women are coming out to see me, and they want to see the rescue ranch. Their names are Patti and Cheryl and they just left Kerrville and they are headed this way. I'll call you when they get here..."

The front door opened. Tony stuck his head inside, and said, "Nance, Rosie and her family are here to adopt Little Skeeter." I grabbed the clipboard and went outside to greet Rosie and her sweet family. After hugs and handshakes, Rosie filled out Skeeter's adoption papers. When she signed off on the form, we took off for Little Skeet's pen. During our walk, Rosie and I had a nice visit.

Ten minutes later, Rosie and her family left with one very happy little dog, sitting in their back seat! As Tony and I waved goodbye to them, we waved hello to Kinky and his friends driving in! After Kinky introduced us to Cheryl and Patti, Kinky, Tone and I took them on a tour of the rescue ranch. When we arrived at Opie and Lulu's pen, Kinky told them Opie's story, about how he had gotten adopted to a really great family with kids, but was sadly returned to us, because the family had had their home foreclosed on in Austin. "This dog is an old soul," Kinky said. "Just look into his eyes." They looked and we're hooked! They wanted to adopt Opie! Kinky, Tony and I were thrilled, but not as much as Opie was! He had finally found his forever home!

I needed to go to the trailer, to fill out Opie's adoption form, so I invited everyone to go into Outer Space, while I took care of the paperwork. Cheryl and Patti loved the view we have from Outer Space and they visited with Tone and Kink while I was inside the trailer. Five minutes later, Patti signed on the dotted line and Opie had a home! We visited for a few more minutes, then we took off to get Opie.

Opie was so happy to get out of here, he jumped in their back seat, like he had been shot out of a cannon! It made all of us laugh! A few minutes later, Kinky left to go back to the Lodge, and then they left with one of the sweetest and greatest dogs on the planet!

At two-fifteen, Richard arrived to pick up the the three wannabe Lab pups and Ellen Degeneres. He was going up to Buchanan Dam, and he had volunteered to deliver the four pups to our good friends, Catherine and David Berry, at Happy Dog Adoptions! Linda and Aaron helped load the lucky puppies, who more than likely will find their forever homes within a week or so!

After Richard left with precious cargo, I returned to the trailer and started working on my book. While I was in my writing trance, I discovered later on, that Cheryl had called to tell me that Opie was fitting in nicely with their four other dogs, and he loved their couch and he had already turned into a couch potato! And, before taking Opie home, they had swung by Wolfmueller's Books and bought a hard copy of my book, and Cheryl said she wanted it signed, and would come out here for me to sign it! I loved it! The other call that I missed was from Catherine. She called around four-thirty to let us know that Audie Murphy, Burt Lancaster, Hank Williams, Sr. and Ellen Degeneres had arrived safely, and they were happily playing in their puppy pen! Those two messages put a big smile on my face!

Around four-thirty, my friend Cindy Pickard came out for a visit. We talked about her moving to New Mexico, the rescue ranch, my upcoming book and her upcoming documentary. At one point during our conversation, I started telling Cindy about Karen Cares and the beautiful necklaces that she has made for me. Cindy wanted to see them, so I went inside the trailer and got them. Cindy's jaw dropped when I showed them to her! She thought they were beautiful, too! Cindy loves turquoise, but her favorite one was the awesome turtle necklace. We had a great visit in Outer Space, then she needed to leave, and head back to her ranch in Vanderpool. I am going to miss Cindy so much, when she officially makes her move to New Mexico, in a few weeks!

Today has been a great day, and I hope that yours was too!

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

moonwalker72 said...

Nancy! what is your email? Need to send info/questions regarding the "Kinky Kompound (ruf-ruf) Tours!

Thanks, Philip

cousin nancy said...

Hi Philip! I will call you in the morning! I got your phone message, too.