Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Forget About It!

This morning, when I woke up at seven o'clock, I was exhausted, because I couldn't fall to sleep last night! It was sometime after two, when I finally drifted off into La La Land. As you know, I am one of those people that must get at least eight hours of sleep. When I don't get enough sleep, I turn into a grumpy old lady, to put it nicely. Tony has a different expression he uses to describe my mood, but I won't go there.

After feeding my best friends, and Tony, I went back to bed. Two hours later, I woke up and I felt refreshed, thank goodness! I went back to Tony's office and asked him if he would help me finish the dog's ramp, before it got too hot outside. "I've already finished it," Tony said. "Go take a look at it." I went outside, took a look and then came back inside the trailer.

"I love it, Tone! Thank you, so much!" Then I went back outside and watched 'the old folks' happily going up and down it, with their tails wagging! I haven't named it, yet, but hopefully by tomorrow, I will have come up with something.

This afternoon, we went to Copies Plus, in Kerrville to pick up some new postcards that Tony had ordered. Trish was there and we had a fun visit with her, then she showed Tony his sunflower postcards! They were more than beautiful! Trish was delighted and so was T.! After we left her place, Trigger took us to Wolfmueller's Books.

On the way over to Jon and Sandy's I asked Tony if I could have a few of his postcards and his response was, "Sure, you can have as many as you want for a dollar a piece." Then he started laughing, as we pulled into a parking space, in front of the bookstore.

"Tony, I can't believe that you want me to pay for them! Good grief!" Tony continued to laugh. "Fine. Forget about it! I don't have any cash on me anyway, and I know you don't take credit cards, so I'll just print some up, when we get home—for free!" Then I laughed, and we went into the store.

Sandy greeted us, and then she told us that Jon had gone to get his hair cut. Tony showed Sandy his new sunflower postcards and asked her if she wanted to buy any for the store. Sandy loved T.'s postcards, and she wrote Tony a check for almost all of them! Then Jon walked inside the back door, and waved to us.

"Did you get your ears lowered?" I half-hollered to him.

"Yes I did," Jon answered. "How are y'all doing?" We told him, and then we had a fun, short visit with them, and then we came home.

I talked to Kinky late this afternoon. He was at the New Orleans airport, waiting for a plane to take him to Austin. He was delighted when I told him that Susan, from Hoegemeyer's, had called, to tell me that Jack Nicholson was doing fine, and he was ready for us to come and pick him up tomorrow! Then it was my turn to be delighted. Kink told me that the tickets for the Blood Mary Morning with Willie Nelson—were selling like hot cakes! We talked about The Friedmans, and then we said goodbye to each other. Kinky will be back at the ranch tomorrow afternoon, and I can't wait to see him!

Y'all have a great evening!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hi, Nancy, great blog. Love the pictures & video. Email me please at home. Lou updated my computer again and as usual, lost all my email addresses.
Honey looks like a Ridgeless RR.
Love ya, Judy