Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Band Haywire—ROCKS BIG TIME!

This morning, while visiting with Ben and Will, I was telling them about my hike yesterday, from you know where, with Kinky. I realized that I left out the part where he also says to me, ""You're doing fine Nance, and if you fall, just roll down to the bottom, it's not that far," Kinky said, ten feet ahead or should I say above me. Anyway, I just wanted y'all to know.

Today has been fairly quiet at the rescue ranch, until I checked my e-mail this afternoon. An old, dear friend of mine, Troy Farnham contacted me and he sent me some of his band's recordings, and I was honestly blown away! The Band Haywire, out of Austin, is fantastic and incredibly great and extremely popular!

I met Troy when Jim and I had our embroidery business in Austin, probably around 1986 or 1987. He became a dear friend to us, and we looked forward to his weekly visits at our shop. He was family. In fact, Troy is the man responsible for selling us his son's old drum set, which Jim and I gave to Cindy's son, Adam, when he was about twelve years old!

Cindy laughingly told me many years later, that their neighbors hated Jim and me for giving Adam that present! Laugh out loud, I guess we should have asked Cindy and Ray first!

Troy is also the man who helped me move from Austin to Utopia, after Jim's death. He and his wife, Jennifer, drove down to Utopia and helped Cindy and Ray and me unload all of my worldly possessions into the Nelleybelle, my new home. And, he also fixed my central air conditioner before they returned to Austin. We tried to stay in touch, but over the years, we lost contact with each other.

Well, Troy called me last Sunday, to ask me if I knew about Jim's son, Richie, passing, which I did, and then we caught up with each other's news. Troy is now forty-three years old, the same age that I was when Jim passed away. He is still madly in love with his wife, Jennifer, and their four and a half year old daughter. I really enjoyed visiting with Troy and we have promised to meet for lunch soon in Fredericksburg or Kerrville. And, he can't wait for Tony and me to meet their daughter, Haley! And, the way Troy proudly described her—she is the smartest and coolest little girl on the plantet! And, I believe it!

Troy told me that 'The Band Haywire' has more private bookings than they know what to do with, and it has been a financial pleasure for them, too! I am so happy for Troy, he followed his dream and it has all come true for him!

I just went to The Band Haywire's website and I had a blast reading the band's bio's, especially Troy's and then I went to their live video clips. There are three short video clips and I watched them all. The last clip is my favorite, because it showcases them playing many different genres! I hope that you will check them out, because you are going to love their music! I promise!

P.S. Troy is the good looking one in the middle, wearing the blue shirt—that boy, sure can play and sing!

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: