Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you, June and Jim!

Tony woke me up at six-thirty this morning, then he went over to the Lodge and woke Kinky up, because Kinky had asked for a wake up call, so he wouldn't oversleep and miss doing the Imus show at seven-thirty. When Tone returned home, I was in the middle of feeding our dogs and Lucky. "I am really sick, Nance. I threw up several times last night. I'm going back to bed for a while."

I was sick that T. was sick. After I fixed a smoothie for my breakfast, I started a load of clothes washing, watched Kinky on Imus, and then I walked another six fast miles. After getting cleaned up, I went over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky. We sat outside by the Friedman Family Bone Orchard and we talked about the rescue ranch and self-publishing.

When I returned to the rescue ranch, June and her friend, Jim were here! June and I got to have a short visit, while she handed out treats and groomed our dogs, while Jim walked one dog after another! Thank you June and Jim! We love you, but not as much as our dogs do!

After visiting with June, I went to the trailer. A few minutes later, Ben came inside, and gave me a present— a CD by Xavier Rudd, who I have never heard of. It was absolutely incredible—I loved this man's music, so I burned it, and put it on my eighty gig iPod and my iTouch! And, I can't quit listening to his fabulous music. Xavier plays every instrument himself and he has no band, because he doesn't need one! If you want to check him out, just go to youtube and type in his name. I promise that you will love his music!

I spent the rest of my day doing ranch paperwork, returning phone calls, and then I finally got to work on my book, around five o'clock and it is coming along nicely, but is still a lot of work. I am going to bed early tonight, because tomorrow is going to be really busy for me! The three adorable, wannabe Labrador pups, Hank, Sr., Audie Murphy, and Burt Lancaster and their friend, Ellen Degeneres, are getting adopted, and going to Catherine and David Berry's Happy Dog Adoptions, up in Buchanan Dam, to find their forever homes, Little Skeeter is going to his forever home tomorrow afternoon, in San Antone, and a nice woman is coming out in the morning, to possibly adopt Jack, the sweet little Fox Terrier!

Y'all have a great evening! Good night and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

DY_Goddess said...

Congrats on the adoptions Nancy. I'm sorry to hear Tony is still not well, poor T!

Me & Kris and the rest of the family are heading up to the lake for our summer holiday. We'll be back August 17th and I'll be completely offline as my mind, body and soul need some peace and quiet.

I'll send photos of Kris on his summer vacation upon my return. He loves going up north to the cottage, he's so Canadian now, eh?! LOL
Take care of Tony and yourself Nancy. Miss you all already.
Love ya!
F. xoxo