Sunday, August 23, 2009

Get Me Out Of Here, Now!

Yesterday, Carol Vail came over with her friend, Lorri, from Dallas, for a visit! We visited inside the trailer, because it was too hot in Outer Space. After a fun visit, Kermit took Carol, Lorri and me, over to the Lodge, for a visit with Kinky. Kinky seemed to really enjoy our visit and there was much laughter! Before leaving, we went outside, so I could shoot Lorri, Carol and Kinky, over by the Friedman Family Bone Orchard. When the three of them gathered to pose for me, I said, "Okay. I'm gonna count to three and then shoot y'all, and then I am going to count to three, again and shoot you one more time." Then I removed the lens cover from my camera, pushed the 'on' button, and nothing happened—my camera's battery was dead and needed recharging! Everyone laughed about it. I could tell that Lorri and Carol were a little disappointed, so I promised to shoot them the next time they came out to the rescue ranch. Then Kermit returned us to the rescue ranch.

When we arrived, Steve Samet was here, ready to adopt Jack Nicholson, a sweet Fox Terrier, and then Shelley showed up with her boyfriend, to adopt our friendly, lovable yellow Lab, Henry! Carol and Lorri were thrilled about the dogs getting forever homes, but they left, so I could take care of the adoption process. Jack went nuts when Steve picked him up, and he started happily yapping! He knew what was going on, and he could not wait to get into Steve's car! I think if we had had a dog interpreter here, he would have told us that Jack was saying to Steve, "Get me out of here, now! I've done my time! Hurry!"

After they drove away, Shelley introduced Henry to her boyfriend's forever friend, Bear, an adorable female, Sharpei mix, and they hit it off immediately! When it was time for them to take Henry home, they opened up the back door of their SUV. It was a big SUV, and I wasn't sure that Henry could jump up that high to get inside, but I was wrong. As soon as Henry felt the cool air conditioned air—he leaped up into their car with his tail wildly wagging! "Well, it looks like Henry can't wait to get out of here, too," I said. Tony and I said our goodbyes to Henry. Before leaving, we thanked Shelley for adopting him. "Please tell Pat thanks for telling you about our Henry." Then they drove away to take Henry to his forever home!

Today, at noon, some good friends of ours, Alison and Blake came out to visit us! They live in Austin, and they had come to Kerrville for a mini-vacation. After hugs and more hugs, we went into my writing cabin for a fun visit! Then Will, their friend and ours, showed up to visit with them! We had so much fun! My little cabin was literally shaking, because of all the laughter! I had so much fun catching up with their news and seeing Blake's dog, Katie Bea, formerly Rosanna Dana, that he adopted from us years ago! Tone and I really enjoyed seeing them and before leaving, we asked them to please come see us anytime that they were in the area.

After they left, Tone and I had to go see a friends new dog, but before leaving, I wrote this e-mail and sent it off to our good friends over at the Trails End Guest House.

"Hi Desiree and David! I hope that all is going great! Today, Blake and Alison and their dog, that they adopted from us four years ago, Katie Bea, came out to see us after checking out at your B &B. Since Tony had recommended your place to them, we couldn't wait to ask them how it was. OMG! They loved it! They loved y'all, they loved their 'Some Like It Hot' cabin, they loved Beckham, they loved the swimming pool, and they really loved your cooking! I mean they could not quit talking about it! They told us that they are definitely coming back, and they are going to tell all of their friends to stay at your B & B, too! And they brought us some of your Baklava, that you served them for breakfast! It was delicious and we have eaten all of it! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know what they said. Hopefully, when the heat goes away, Tony and I will definitely be coming out there for dinner with Sandy and Jon Wolfmueller, Carol Vail, Ben Welch and Kinky. I can't wait!
Love y'all, Cousin Nancy

P.S. Carol came out on Saturday to see us, with her friend Lorri, from Dallas, and Carol told me that last week she ran into y'all at H.E.B.! We started telling Lorri about y'all's bed and breakfast, and Lorri wants to come with us, too! Y'all's Trails End Guest House Rocks! And I love it! Hugs to you and Beckham!

P.S.S. I almost forgot! I want to let you know, that sometime in October or early November, there is going to be a 'Slumber Party' at your place. We've already talked to our friends about it, and everyone is excited about it! We want to book 'the Big House,' aka The Retreat. And y'all are invited to be our guests, at your guest house! Jon and Sandy, Carol, Ben, Rick and Leisa, from Port Aransas, and hopefully John from Port A will be at the slumber party, including Tone and me. As soon as we set the date, I'll e y'all and make a reservation. I hope that y'all can come to it—it will be a blast! And, Rick, Ben and I are bringing our guitars and mandolins! And, I promise not to sing!"

Y'all have a great evening!

P.S. I want to thank our good friend, Pat Symchych, who is the incredibly talented web master for our website: utopiarescue.com, for helping us find Henry his forever home! You Rock, Pat!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy! I'm honored to be in your blog. ;) I loved visiting with you and Tony yesterday, it made me realize how much I miss y'all and the ranch. Katie Bea slept the entire way home in the back on my pillow. I'm already thinking about my next visit out there, can't wait to see y'all again soon!
~Alison

cousin nancy said...

Hi Alison! Tony and I really enjoyed seeing you and Blake and Katie Bea—Rosana Dana! And, the Baklava was delicious, too! Hope to see y'all soon!

psymchych said...

Hey Nancy & Tony! I am grateful for all you do for the animals and will do everything I can to help them find forever homes!

You guys are the ones that ROCK!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Pat! Thank you for the nice comment, but I have to disagree. We wouldn't Rock, if you didn't Rock! Rock On!