Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kinky On Imus—Tomorrow At 7:30 CST!

This morning, after Tony and I drank our breakfast smoothies, I only walked four miles, because I had decided to try to work on my book all day.

Around eight-thirty this morning, Kinky called. He asked me to come over to the Lodge for a visit. When I arrived, we visited in the kitchen and then we went outside to the Friedman Family Bone Orchard to look for a tennis ball for Mr. Magoo. We found none, so we went back into the Lodge into Kinky's office.

While Kinky was showing me some pictures of The Friedmans that Brian Kanof had taken, I fell in love with this one of Kinky and Toto having a picnic, in front of my writing cabin, but Kinky wasn't sure if Brian had taken it. Kinky let me borrow it and here it is!

Will then came into the Lodge and we went to the kitchen to visit with him. While Kinky was busy making a new pot of coffee, he said, "Nance, I love it that you have renamed the Annex, The Pro Shop, when Will is here babysitting the The Friedmans. Someone needs to make a sign for it and hang it, when Will is here."

"I can make the sign, Kinky," I said. "But give me a few days, because I am trying to finish putting my book together."

"That's great, Nance," Kinky said. Then he looked over at Mr. Magoo, who is now over fourteen years old, and who has now become somewhat portly—to put it nicely. "Gooie, you're not fat," Kinky said, as he handed him another dog biscuit.

"No he isn't fat," I said. "He's just twice the dog that he used to be." Kinky and Will laughed and Gooie wagged his tail.

Then Kinky and I started singing the song that Ben Welch had sang, last week, about Mr. Magoo's weight gain. "Roly Poly. Daddie's little fattie..." Then we all started laughing, and then Kinky apologized to the Goo-Man. He told Mr. Magoo that he was not fat.

"Kink," I said. "We're not laughing at Gooie. The song is just funny, and that's what we are laughing at. Not Gooie."

Last week, Ben had told me that he thought it would be fun for us to make a video for my blog, with Kinky and Mr. Magoo taking off for a walk, with Ben singing "Roly Poly" in the background.

"I don't know what to eat for breakfast," Kinky said.

"I do," I said. "I'll be right back. Give me ten minutes." Then I left the Lodge and Trigger took me home.

Fifteen minutes later, I was back at the Lodge. "Here Kinky and Will. I made y'all a banana, apple, strawberry and orange juice smoothies. And, Kinky you and Will need to try this new oatmeal. It's delicious!"

Kinky poured him and Will a smoothie. "Thanks, Nance. I'll try the oatmeal later. Can you and Tone wake me up tomorrow morning? I am doing the Imus show at seven-thirty."

"Sure," I said. "What time do you want us to wake you up?"

"Six o'clock," Kinky said. "I would really appreciate a wake up call, to make sure I don't oversleep."

"You got it." I left the Lodge a few minutes later.

I am proud to say, that today, I got a lot of work done on my book! And, I am pretty excited about it, even though I am a little bit weary eyed.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: