Saturday, November 30, 2013

Chet O'Keefe Is Playing Tonight!

Today and the past few days have been so much fun and if I wrote about all of it, it would turn into another one of my books. So, I am going to give y'all my condensed version.

Thursday morning, after cooking breakfast for Rick and Tony, they made several trips to the barn, so we could start preparing our dog's annual Thanksgiving dinner. When they returned for the last time, Tony said, "I'm sorry. The mixed vegetables are frozen. I forgot to take them out of the freezer last night."

"It's no big deal," I said. "They can thaw out in the bathtub." Then I went and filled up our bathtub with hot water and then I put the big sacks of frozen vegetables in the hot water. Then Rick, Tony and I  started dividing up the ground turkey, cornbread stuffing, olive oil, eggs, garlic and cheese and put them into three buckets, while sixty dinner rolls baked inside the oven.

By 8:00, when Kris & Jim and Chet arrived to help us feed the dogs, we poured the warmed up vegetables into the buckets and then watched as Tony and Rick took turns mixing up the dog's holiday feast. Then we went outside to go feed the dogs.

Tony fed the dogs on the west side, while I fed warm dinner rolls and supervised Rick and Chet, on the east side, to make sure that certain food aggressive dogs ate their tasty dinner in the alleys. Twenty-five minutes later, the three buckets were empty and the dog's stomachs were full.

Seeing all of the dog pans licked clean, made the six of us feel good that we had just made our rescued dogs happy by serving them a delicious, warm Thanksgiving dinner. Before Kris & Jim, who had paid for our dog's Thanksgiving dinner, and Chet left, I took this picture of our dear friends. From left to right: Rick, Chet, Kris & Jim. "Thank y'all!"


Later in the day, Chet O'Keefe, Kinky's and our famous musician friend, who wrote the song Ring The Bell, who is staying over at Kinky's Lodge, came over to eat Thanksgiving dinner with us, which was not served in three buckets, but was buffet style and was delicious—thanks to Karen & Terry's mouth-watering, spiral cut ham. "Thank you, Karen & Terry!"

Around 5:00, all of us jumped into Buttermilk and went over to Carol's ranch, so we could visit with her and her beautiful family. After a really fun time with Carol and her lovely family, we came back home to rest.

Friday morning, our company left and late in the afternoon, Ginger Rogers gave birth to five beautiful puppies. She is doing a great job taking care of them and she is still skinny, even though she is eating like a horse. Hopefully, within a few more days, she will begin putting her weight back on.

Friday evening, Chet, Tony and I went up to the Medina Highpoint Resort, to eat their delicious catfish buffet and listen to some music. While we were having a fun time there I introduced Chet to Sarah Robinson, one of my favorite people, who helps run the resort and in no time flat she and Chet were talking about him coming back and playing his fabulous music tonight. 

Chet told her that he would love to perform, so tonight Tony and I are planning on going back to the Medina Highpoint Resort, to meet some friend there, so we can listen to our friend sing his famous tunes. And that is about it for today, because I am fixin' to go into Outer Space, to play my guitar for our dogs, who pretend to love my music and then I am going to take a short sleepless nap with them, before getting ready to go listen to Chet O'Keefe perform. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: