Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hem It!

Today has been great. This morning after breakfast I cleaned the trailer, because I knew that Christine and Marilyn, nice women from Corpus Christi, were coming out around noon, to see our rescue ranch and visit with us.

After Tony and Brandon had done their chores outside, while I was still inside cleaning up The Cabin, Tony cut me some beautiful fresh flowers to fill my pink vase and I love them, so I took this picture of them, before I went into our bedroom to put our new bedspread on our bed, to cover the old, chewed up one.


Because the new bedspread is a king-sized and our bed is only a queen-sized bed, it took me several minutes to wrestle with the new quilt, because it is so big. When I finally had it on the bed I decided to trim off about a foot of the quilt, so it would be more easily for me to manage, the next time we would be having company. (Tomorrow I plan to get out my sewing machine and hem it.)

Tony and I had a really fun visit with Christine and her mom. When I showed them our new quilt on our bed they told me that it was beautiful. Then Tony and I started laughing and I confessed about only putting it on our bed when we had company over and then I lifted the up new quilt and showed them the one that Beau has chewed up. They thought it was pretty funny, because they have several dogs too and they understood the damage pups can do.

As soon as Marilyn and Christine had adios-ed us, I came into The Cabin to remove the new quilt, because I didn't want Beau to know that we had a new one for him to chew up. When I walked into our bedroom, I immediately turned around and walked back out, so I could grab my camera. Then I returned and took this picture of Mama taking a nap.


It is now 3:18 and Mama has just woken up and gotten off of our bed, so I must go now, so I can remove our pretty new quilt and put it back into its plastic bag and return it to our closet. After that I plan to start resetting all of our clocks. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening! 

No comments: