Friday, November 22, 2013

Ham!

Today has been great. This morning after Tony did the chores outside, we decided to go to the big H-E-B, in Kerrville, to buy everything that we needed for our Thanksgiving dinner. Then we called our friends Kris and Jim, to see if they wanted to meet us for lunch.

On our way to Kerrville, I asked Tony if he wanted to have turkey or ham for our Thanksgiving dinner and he said, "Ham. I forgot to tell you that Karen and Terry, in Port Arthur, sent us another delicious, spiral-cut ham and it arrived earlier this morning, while I was outside feeding the dogs. It's in the fridge, in the barn."

"Great!" I said. "When we get home I'll send Karen an e-mail to thank them."

At 12:30, we arrived at Bella Sera, our favorite Italian restaurant and a few minutes later, Kris arrived without Jim, because he couldn't make it. As we ate our delicious lunch we did a lot of laughing, until Kris told us, that she had just come from H-E-B and it was packed with customers and she wasn't kidding.

After Tony and I had shopped at the busy grocery store we came straight home. After we had put up all of our groceries, I grabbed the rescue ranch's H-E-B bags that were filled with large bags of shredded cheddar cheese, flour tortillas and garlic salt, so I could cook up some garlic and cheese quesadillas, for our dogs outside. When I was halfway done cooking them, I stopped and took this picture of the warm doggie treats.


Around 4:00, with our own dogs drooling at the red thermal bag, on top of the kitchen table, that was full of warm treats, Tony grabbed the bag and then he and I went outside and happily surprised our rescued dogs. When we gave Bee and Dale their rescue ranch quesadillas they got so excited, we decided to give them two more and as we walked away I think I heard Dale say, "I love it here," but I am not sure, because I am hard of hearing. It took us about fifteen minutes to hand out all of the dog treats and our dogs couldn't eat them fast enough, before begging for more. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: