Sunday, November 10, 2013

R.J.!

Today has been great and so have the last few days, because my family was down here visiting us. To say the least, "I love my family and we had a wonderful time with them."

Tonight's post is going to be brief, because I need to catch up on some paperwork, but I do want to tell you about R.J., an adorable seven-week-old yellow Lab, that was delivered to us on Saturday.

Kim, a dear old friend of ours, had called me three weeks ago, to ask if we could help her find homes for a litter of six, unregistered, full blooded, yellow Lab pups that belonged to her neighbor. Knowing that pups are pretty easy to adopt out I told her that we could take all six. Before we adio-ed each other, Kim told me that she would try to find as many homes for them, before bringing the pups to us, in three weeks.

When I told Tony and Brandon about us maybe taking in six yellow Lab puppies, Brandon asked, "Can I have one? I would love to have a dog just like Roy." When we told him that he could, he asked us, "Can I get a male?" Then I immediately called Kim back to see if there were any males.

 After our short conversation with her, I told Brandon, "Yes. Kim said that she will save a male for you." Brandon was thrilled.

Before Tony and Brandon went outside to work, Brandon told me that he was going to name his dog R. J., so I asked him why he was naming his dog R.J. and he said, "Roy, Jr."

Yesterday morning at 11:37, Kim arrived at the rescue ranch to deliver one pup to us, because she had found great homes for the other five precious puppies. When Brandon and R. J. met it was love at first sight for them and Brandon could not wait to hold his new best friend, in his arms.

Then all of us went to The Okay Corral, so we could visit and play with Roy, Jr. This is just one of the many happy pictures that I took of Brandon and R. J.


This morning R. J. went with Tony and Brandon to The Old Timer, in Medina and then R. J. came to work with Brandon. Roy, Jr. stayed in his portable puppy pen and slept while Brandon did his morning chores. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: