Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bee Is Here!

Today has been great. This morning around 11:00, Budrock arrived with Bee, a big, older dog that his daughter had rescued, in San Antonio, two hours before he was scheduled to be euthanized.

When Budrock arrived with Bee, Tony and Brandon already had Bee's temporary pen, The Okay Corral, ready for him. When we went into The Okay Corral to introduce Bee to us and his new digs, Bee was calm and he seemed very interested in checking it out. While Bee sniffed around and marked his new territory, Budrock told us that he has been the lighting designer for Willie Nelson Shows, for over thirty-seven years. And the reason that his daughter named him Bee was to honor Bee Spears, the late bassist, for Willie's family band.

When Bee seemed to ignore us, we invited Budrock to come inside, The Cabin, to drink a cup of coffee with us, before we went over to Kinky's Lodge, because Kinky wanted to visit with his friend, of many years.

Tony and I instantly liked Budrock and hit if off with him. While we drank delicious Green Mountain Donut Shop Coffee, Buddy and I quickly discovered that we shared the friendship of many musicians and people involved in the music business. But Buddy aka Budrock has worked for and traveled with a whole lot more musicians than me, such as: The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Steve Miller Band, Jerry Jeff Walker, George Benson, Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Bee Gees, Bad Company, The Doobie Brothers, Linda Ronstadt, etc., just to name a few.

The three of us were having so much fun visiting and getting to know one another, time flew by, until Kinky called me and wanted to know why his friend wasn't over at the Lodge. Before all of us went over to the Lodge, Bee told us to check out the KOKEFM.COM, a fabulous radio station, that our mutual friend owns. He told us that it was kicking (you know what) worldwide and it is only broadcasting great Texas country music. When I told him that we don't get any signals out here he told us that we could listen to the music at: www.KOKEFM.COM, on the Internet and we were thrilled, because we know the owner, some of the DJs and bands that they are playing.

As we were leaving The Cabin, Tony gave Budrock one of his photography business cards and then Budrock said, "Let me give y'all one of my cards, too." When he handed one to Tony, Tony burst out laughing and then when I looked at Budrock's card, I too started laughing, because the only word printed on it was, BUDROCK.

"I love your card," I said. "I'm going to copy you and print cards that only read, Cousin Nancy." Then Tony chimed in and told us that he was, too. Then Tony shot Buddy with me, holding up Budrock's clever business card. Then Buddy gave Tony and me some cool Willie Nelson guitar picks, then we went over to Kinky's and had another great visit.


A few days ago, when Buddy and I first talked on the phone, about us taking in Bee, we exchanged e-mail addresses, so he could send me a few pictures of Bee and this one is my favorite, that his daughter took of this great, friendly, lovable, older dog.


Bee seems to be fitting in nicely and as soon as we get Bee's veterinary records sent to us, I will write more about this magnificent dog. And Tony and I have decided to try to put Bee and Dale Evans together, in the next few days, to see if they will get along, but I already know that they will, because they are both named in honor of famous musicians and loved by many. 

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: