Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Grease!

Today has been great. This afternoon, Tony and I met our dear friends, Les & Denise and Kris & Jim, at Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack, for our Once-A-Month Lunch Club. Last month we ate at Bella Sera and that was Tony's and my first time to try there delicious Italian food, and it was also the first time for Craig & Deb and Denise & Les. And that is how Bella Sera became Tony's and my favorite Italian restaurant. Before we left Bella Sera that day, we all decided to meet and eat at Cal-Bob's Smoke Shop, for our October lunch.

When we arrived at Cal-Bob's, Kris & Jim were already there or so we thought. "Hi Jim," I said, as he and Tony shook hands. Where's Kris?"

"She's not here," Jim said.

"Darn," I said.

"Nancy, she volunteers on Tuesdays and she should be joining us shortly."

"Oh good."

A crowd was was already there when the three of us walked inside Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack, even though Calvin was busy taking orders and serving his guests, the super friendly owner, greeted us and he took the time to ask us how we were doing. After a brief visit with our dear friend, we found a table for six and sat down.

Kris arrived a few minutes later and then Denise & Les arrived about five minutes after that. As soon as we had placed our orders with Calvin, we returned to our table and did a lot of laughing as we caught up with every one's latest news.

While we were enjoying our delicious BBQ, we got to talking about diets, etc. Then Denise told us that she thinks the food, in a certain English speaking country that shall remain nameless, is the worse, because it is so bland and greasy. "When Les and I were over there people would invite us over for dinner and serve us a plate filled with fried potatoes, mashed potatoes and noodles with no meat or vegetables. It was totally crazy. No wonder all of them are so plump."

When she told us about the manhole covers blowing up all of the time over there and injuring or killing people, simply because of all the grease, all of us burst out laughing.

I couldn't resist, so I jumped in and said, "Oh, I'm so sorry for your recent loss. What was the cause of her death? A manhole cover blew up and killed her. She never knew what hit her."

Anyway, after a super fun, delicious lunch with our friends, everyone agreed that Cal-Bob's Smoke Shack BBQ has the very best Pit BBQ, in Kerrville and the Texas Hill Country. And next month, we have decided to meet at Culver's.

Early this evening, Tony and I went outside to let me take pictures of Bella, Miranda & Blake. We spent nearly an hour outside taking pictures, but because the dogs were so happy playing with us and their roommates, all seventy-two pictures that I took, weren't good enough. So tomorrow, I plan to try again, when the sweet kids, from the Medina Children's Home, are here. So please wish me luck.

Kinky is coming in late tonight after performing in Houston and I cannot wait to see him tomorrow. This coming Thursday night Kinky will be back on the road again, performing at The Hilltop Cafe, in Fredericksburg and I think Carol and I might show up wearing our undercover disguises. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: