Sunday, October 27, 2013

Manfred & Ellen!

Today has been great. This morning after I had walked four miles with Leslie, my friends Garnet and Sandy, from Utopia, came out to check out our dogs, because their old dogs had passed. While I gave them a tour and introduced them to our dogs, Garnet, Sandy and I visited and caught up with each others latest news.

Garnet was interested in Grace Kelly and Gonzo, but when she tried to walk Gracie, Gracie pulled and dragged her around and would not quit jumping up into the air. She was obviously too much for her to handle, since Garnet is smaller and shorter than me.

Gonzo behaved himself and before Garnet and Sandy left, they told me they wanted to talk about it and would get back to me about Gonzo.

While I was cooking lunch for Brandon, Tony and me, Tony went outside and a few minutes later he walked back inside The Cabin and said, "Here are some fresh flowers for you from my garden." And I love them and they don't stink.


This afternoon after lunch, Brandon and I picked and grinned for nearly an hour and a half, then I drove him home.

This afternoon around 3:00, Karon brought the kids from the Medina Children's Home over to walk our dogs for us. I was working on my third novella, so Tony went outside to greet them and to help leash up our dogs. Around 3:30, the dogs outside were barking, which made our dogs start barking. I figured one of the dogs had gotten away from a walker and knew that Tony could handle it.

Then five minutes later, Tony walked inside The Cabin and says, "Nancy, there are two really nice German people here. They live in Germany six months and they live in Bandera the other six months. They love dogs and have two Labs, in Germany and they want to know if we would let them foster one of our dogs for six months, before they return to Germany. I like them and I think it would be good for one of our dogs, to help make them more adoptable."

"I like the idea, too. I want to go meet them." Tony and I then went outside and found them standing by Jeremy's pen. When I greeted them and introduced myself, they told me they were Manfred & Ellen. Manfred didn't speak very much English, so Ellen and I talked and then she would translate it to her sweet husband, who was all smiles.

After Tony took off to be with the children, down by the creek, I gave the friendly Germans a tour of our rescue ranch and introduced them to all of our dogs and they petted each one. When the tour ended at George's and Bella's dog pen, they fell in love with Bella and she fell in love with them. "May we foster Bella?" Ellen asked.

"Yes, we would love for you to foster Bella for six months!" Bella could not wait to get out of her pen and jump into their car and the rest is history. While Ellen filled out Bella's foster care form I took this picture of one very happy dog.


Around 5:00, after the children left, Tony and I am went over to Carol's ranch for a fun visit with her. Before we left to come back home Carol surprised me, because she gave me a pretty, pink, Pedernales Cellars cap, from the vineyard that she just started part time working for. And then she gave us a big jar of her Dad's Secret Salsa, that she made for us, along with a large bag of her delicious, healthy oatmeal cookies. And that is about it for tonight.



Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: