Saturday, October 5, 2013

Red Fox!

 Today has been great. Late this morning, our good friend, Jim aka The Mineral Man, arrived with a truckload of free dog food, that he had picked up in San Antonio. Tony and I thanked Jim and then we had a fun visit with him, while Brandon unpacked the dog food from Kris' truck.

While we were outside, by the barn visiting, Carol arrived. She and I had talked earlier in the morning about me planning on baking Fannie Farmer's gingerbread recipe, later in the day, and her wanting to make up a batch of her dad's secret salsa recipe, that he only shared with Carol and her sister. When she told me that her blender had just had an untimely death, I suggested that she come over and borrow Jaws, our powerful Vita-Mix blender, so she could still make the salsa.

It took both of us to carry the parts of our giant blender out to her truck and after she drove away, I walked down to the barn to visit with Jim and Tony. When I arrived at the barn, I asked Brandon, "Where are Tony and Jim?"

"Jim's gone."

"Then whose truck is here?"

"I think it belongs to those people that you talked to the other day, that wanted to come out today to possibly adopt a small dog. Tony is giving them a tour." Then I took off in Kermit, to go find them. When I found them standing by Buster Brown's pen and talking to Tony, I went to go greet them.

"Hi, I'm Nancy. Welcome to our rescue ranch."

"Hi. I'm Bill and this is my daughter-in-law, Ricky. I spoke to you the other day and I want to adopt a small dog..." I instantly liked Bill and Ricky.

Twenty minutes later, at 1:15, they had officially signed-off on the adoption papers and had adopted Red Fox! Tony and I were thrilled for Red and he was the happiest that he has ever been. And he could not wait to jump into their fancy truck and get out of here.


After they drove away, I came back inside and cooked us lunch, ate lunch and then cleaned up the kitchen. Then, for the very first time, I followed the directions on how to make Fannie Farmer's Gingerbread cake recipe and then I baked my very first gingerbread cake. 


Even though my gingerbread cake cracked in quite a few places, it was absolutely delicious and Tony loved it. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: