Sunday, September 29, 2013

Book Review!

Today has been great. Last night we got about one inch of rain and the creeks are starting to flow. This morning I received an e-mail from my dear friend, Mari. The Subject: Book Review.

Last Tuesday, when Carol, Tony and I met Mari, at Bella Sera, for a super fun lunch, she purchased two copies of my Cowgirl Sisterhood: Death In New Mexico from me. After I had signed one to Mari and one to her friend, Polly, I said, "Mari, I cannot wait for you to read this and give me a book review, because I value your opinion."

Even though five days have passed since we did lunch together, I would check my daily e-mail often, in hopes that Mari would e-mail me and tell me what she thought of Part II. I knew that she had a really busy week ahead of her, so I knew that she wasn't a slow reader, but I did worry some, that maybe she just didn't think much of my second novella. Authors do that.

Thursday morning, I received this brief e-mail from Mari. The Subject: Book Review So Far. My friend wrote:

"I’m laughing about so much in the book and I’m only on pg. 27! Talk about surprise ‘pops’ that make me just burst out laughing! And some just make me roll my eyes!  Too much fun. Mari"

When I read what she had written I was more than thrilled, because Mari is honest and she shoots straight. Then Friday and Saturday passed by with no book review, so I started worrying again, until I received this book review from Mari.

"Ok I finally have time to do my book review. I finished the book the second time I picked it up. It was just so much fun with crazy and wild (ok, some are subtle) twists, turns and comments and all the requisite ‘danger’ in the characters and plot too. It was like a version of Mystery Science Theater 3000 with the comments from the observers watching the cheesy movies thrown in! I LOVED that show so you know I LOVED this book!

I can’t wait for David to read it – we have so much ‘class’ in this edition! He will then ‘brag’ again about being included to all his friends – I guarantee it!

Surely there are no other books by anyone else in your particular genre of writing. These are one of a kind!

Polly’s is ‘in the mail’ to her in Utah. I can’t wait to hear what she thinks. She’s a regular reader of your blog, so she’ll know the names in your book, even if she’s never had a chance to meet Carol.

And honestly – remember the Alamo? At a time like that??? LOL

Mari"

When I read her e-mail I immediately printed it out and showed it to Tony. "That's great, Nance." Then he went into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

I then returned to the kitchen and e-mailed Mari back, to thank her for her book review and to let her know that her review had just made my day great, while Tony was doing some paperwork. And that is about it for today.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Welllll, I'm not sure what to think about my movie review sending Tony to the BATHROOM to "do some paperwork"....

But I'm glad that at least YOU liked the review. :)

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari! I LOVED YOUR REVIEW! Thank you for making my day so great.