Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday, John K.! & Happy Birthday, Karin Pohlmann, The German Cowgirl!

Today has been great, but yesterday and Wednesday could have been much better. Since Wednesday, October 2, the past two days have been a little too crazy for me. Plans were unexpectedly changed at the last minute or were canceled or had to be rescheduled. My printer had a nervous breakdown and started shooting out blank sheets of paper at me or it would print out something that I had printed out months ago, etc. Even though I tried to go with the flow, it was more like I was treading water and sinking fast, because there was nothing that I could do, but try to deal and fix the problems.

Early last night, after another exhausting day of what could go wrong, would go wrong, I decided to check something out on my computer, if she would let me. Snow White is my computer's name.

When I Googled, Mercury in retrograde 2013, I went to this page and found the answer I was looking for. I discovered that Mercury in retrograde began on October 2nd. Then I laughed out loud and relaxed, because it has all been the fault of Mercury in retrograde. Then I got a little depressed when I read a little more and discovered that this M.I.R. is going to be eight weeks long and it will end on November 27th, the day before Thanksgiving. So, that will be something else for all of us to be thankful for.

This morning our super great friends/volunteers came out and walked our dogs. Our dogs loved it, as did Tony and I. When it was time for us to all go eat lunch, at Medina Highpoint Resort, Eileen told us that Blake was acting like he didn't feel good, so I went to check on him. 

"He wagged his tail to greet me, but I think we need to take him in to Hoegemeyer's to get him checked out, after we eat lunch," I said.

"I can skip lunch and take him now," Tony offered.

"No, because when you get there the vets will be out for lunch, too. We'll just eat a quick lunch and leave early."

As always, lunch was a total blast and the three to blame for my lower backache tonight are June, Eileen and Ellen, because they had me rolling on the floor with laughter. When June told me about what happened to her while her husband was proposing marriage to her. Then Eileen's hilarious story about her and Dean spotting a man, wearing only an Hawaiian shirt and old ladies underwear, that had obviously escaped from a nearby funny farm and Ellen telling us about her exciting adventure, when she was invited to be a "guest rider" and get to ride along with police, in a police car, for four hours. 

We all decided to end lunch earlier than usual. As soon as we got back to the rescue ranch, Tony put Blake into a crate, in the back of the Expedition (Buttermilk) and they took off for Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic, in Kerrville.

Late this afternoon, our vet called to tell us that Blake was a little anemic, but he will be just fine and that we can pick him up tomorrow and we are thrilled about that.

Before I finish writing tonight's post, I want to wish our two dear friends, John K., in Rockport and Karin Pohlmann, our cowgirl friend, over in Germany, the best and happiest birthdays ever! And I am hoping that M.I.R. doesn't put a damper on their birthday celebrations.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

Thank you, Nancy! Don´t worry about M.I.R.! My birthday had been a blast!

cousin nancy said...

Hi Karin. I am glad that you had a great birthday without any problems. : )