Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Carol's Dog Scout!

Today has been great. This morning when Tony and Brandon went outside to do the morning chores, I went outside and push mowed The Okay Corral, Rufus and Roxanne's pen and Lois Lane's pen. When I started push mowing between their pens and Layla and Little Girl's pen I had to stop, because I ran out of gasoline, so I came inside and returned a few phone calls and then I cooked lunch.

After we ate lunch today, Tony went to the Old Timer, in Medina, to buy gas for Kermit, the riding mowers, the push mower and the weed-eaters. Then I was back in business outside.

While I weed-eated around the pens and the trees, near our caliche dirt road, Tony took off on Zorro and started mowing down every thing in his path. After two hours of yard work, we came inside to rest.

Instead of taking a nap with my four-legged friends I decided to try to paint a picture for the cover of my third novella, because after going to that art show, on Sunday, with Carol, Cheryl and Walter, I was inspired to try to paint again.

I spent about one hour painting this, in our kitchen and it still needs a lot more work, until it is finally finished. The Black Labrador sitting near the creek is supposed to be Carol's dog, Scout and I think I am going to include her other dog, Jake and my Roy, but I am not sure.


I have scheduled for this to post at 7:00 tonight, because it is nearly 6:00, because I am going back outside to push mow one or two more dog pens before the sun sets.

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Karin Pohlmann said...

beautiful picture!

cousin nancy said...

Thank you, Karin. It still needs a lot more work.