Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Even Funnier!

Today has been great. Before noon, I walked, inside our trailer, over eight miles with Leslie and I reached my daily Nike+ goal and had walked over 11,000 steps. I've done it three days in a row and I plan to do it everyday until I lose ten pounds.

I spent most of the afternoon doing paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails, not fun, but it must be done. Then I took a break and did some more writing on my upcoming third novella. It's about a long distance trail ride that Carol and I go on, along with some zany and weird characters.

After I finished writing I went outside and cut some of Tony's gorgeous flowers to replace the wilted, smelly Cowpen Daisies and they look fabulous, in the blue vase and they don't stink.


I know that Mercury in retrograde is upon us and this MIR time, for some reason, it is affecting me in a great way—thank goodness. My novellas are suddenly flying out of The Cabin and in the past two weeks I have had to reorder more copies of Part I and Part II, to keep up with the demand and for my upcoming book signing at the Highpoint Resort, in December. 

This morning while I was visiting with Kinky, I told him about this strange novella phenomenon suddenly causing my books to sell like hot cakes and having to reprint more and he was thrilled for me. When we talked about my book signing, he suggested that I also sell my second book Meanwhile Back At The Rescue Ranch: The Dog Days of Cousin Nancy too

I have sold out of that book several times and I have not restocked it for over a year, because I forgot about it. So late this afternoon, after crunching some numbers, I made the decision to go ahead and reprint it, too and then I placed my order. 

Laugh out loud, by next week, my office will be full of my books for me to go out and sell and my Undepressable Press checking account will be depressing to look at for a little while. I hope that my new luck with book sales continues, even though we still have to deal with MIR until Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving. Otherwise, my friends and family will all be receiving second copies of my books for Christmas and their upcoming birthdays, etc. And, if they remind me that they have already read and have signed copies of my books, I'll be prepared to say, "I know, but this one is even funnier."

Y'all have a great evening!

2 comments:

Mari of the NoMads said...

Nancy, I am so happy that you aren't getting the bad effects of MIR this time. I wish I could say the same.

Thursday my land line had perfect dial tone, but everyone calling it got a 'busy' signal. At the same time my ISP became inaccessible. I still haven't received emails sent to me that day with a few exceptions - some of which arrived 24 hours later. One email I sent out that day arrived at its destination on Sunday night!

And David said that cell phones all over Kerrville were giving people fits on Thursday too.

I'm about to dig down deep in the bed and pull the covers over my head.

May MIR continue to smile upon you. Here all we're getting is MIR 'frowns'.

cousin nancy said...

Hi Mari. Sorry to hear about the bad effects MIR is causing you and Kerrverts. Hang in there and remember that nothing lasts forever. I am grateful that things have been running smoothly here and hope that it stays that way.