Monday, October 14, 2013

Pretty Great!

Today has been pretty great, even though I don't have any exciting ranch news to report. This morning while I was shopping at the big H-E-B, on Main Street, I decided to do something nice for myself. So after I had filled up our cart with the groceries that we needed, I went to their flower section to buy some pretty flowers.

For many years, I used to always have fresh cut flowers in our trailer, but for some reason I just quit and I can't remember why, because I am fixin' to be 62. Well, last month when I was over at Carol's ranch, we visited outside on her deck, while she hung up new hanging flower baskets, which instantly made her porch pop, because the flowers were so beautiful.

So, I decided to copy Carol, as I often do. So the next time that I went to Kerrville I purchased some hanging flower baskets and put them in Outer Space and they made it pop, too.

Last week when I was over at Carol's ranch, we went inside her ranch house to look at some color paint swatches and the first thing that caught my eye, when we walked inside her lovely home, was the vase, on her coffee table, filled with these beautiful, fresh cut, yellow flowers. And I do remember commenting on her beautiful flowers and telling her, "The next time that we go to Kerrville, I am definitely buying some pretty flowers for our trailer. And I love the color you picked out..."

And that's exactly what I did today. I purchased this cute, pink vase, that looks a lot like a Mason jar and some inexpensive lavender colored flowers, and I could not wait to take them home.

When we got home Tony helped me put up our groceries and then I filled the jar with some water and put the flowers in it. Then I placed the vase, filled with flowers, on the cabinet, which I made several years ago, beside the refrigerator and I love how they instantly made me and my kitchen pop.



I love flowers. They are like magic to me, because flowers can instantly soothe the soul and bring warmth into any environment. And because of the instant, wonderful, calming effect these beautiful lavender flowers have already made on me, I have promised myself, from here on out that I will always keep fresh-cut flowers in The Cabin. And that is about it for tonight.


Y'all have a pretty great evening!

No comments: