Monday, October 21, 2013

Christopher Columbus!

Today has been great. This morning I took care of some paperwork, Hazel and I cleaned up The Cabin and then I returned several phone calls and e-mails, before cooking lunch for Tony and me.

After lunch I cleaned up the kitchen and then I sat down, in front of my laptop and reordered more copies of my second novella, The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part II Death In New Mexico, because I only have six copies left.

Then I jumped into Trigger and took off for Kerrville to run several errands. Tony had to stay here, because Paul was coming out to deliver some free dog food. On my way home, I stopped by Carol's ranch for a short visit. Then I came home.

When I got home Carlton told me that I had two new messages. One was from Kinky, who is out of town and the other was from a very nice man named Chris, who had asked me to call him, because a stray had shown up at his house, in Kerrville.

I called Kinky first. He wanted to discuss our upcoming Bonefit (benefit), that will probably be in January, that he and Big G are already working on. Then I called Chris about the dog. When I said, "Hello Chris, this is Nancy from the rescue ranch."

He said, "I would recognize your voice any where, because I listen to Harley. Thanks for calling me back..." After we had adios-ed each other, I called Susan at Hoegemeyer Animal Clinic.

"Hi Susan. It's Nancy. Tomorrow morning we've got a man named Chris dropping off a small stray. He told me that the dog weighs about fifteen pounds, is real sweet and he sort of looks like a Beagle, but he is copper colored. I can't wait to meet him."

"What did you name him?"

I paused for a moment and then said, "Christopher Columbus." That made Susan chuckle.

Around 5:00, I went outside and started weed-eating, because the recent rains have made our grass turn green and grow rapidly. Then I jumped on Zorro (Our Toro riding lawn mower.) and then I used the push mower to cut down some tall Blue Stem grass. As I finish writing this my back is aching a little, but that is okay, because I am sipping some fine, box wine, to help relax my back.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: