Saturday, August 31, 2013

Tuesday On Monday Or Tuesday!

Today has been great. This afternoon a man and his children came out to check out our dogs to possibly adopt, because their old dog recently passed away. After Tony and I gave them a tour of the rescue ranch, he told us that he was interested in George Carlin, Tuesday Weld and Rio.

His two, sweet sons, probably ten and twelve years old, wanted him to pick Tuesday Weld, because she had instantly stolen their hearts. As we stood under a shade tree, next to her pen, the father confessed that he really liked Tuesday the best, too, as his sons petted her through the fence.

Then the nice man pulled out his cell phone and began videotaping his sons interacting with Tuesday. "I think she is definitely the one for us," he said, "but first I want to bring my wife out here to meet Tuesday, so we can make the decision." Tony and I were thrilled and so were his sons and Tuesday.

"When do y'all want to come back out?" I asked.

"Probably on Monday or Tuesday," he replied. "If that is okay with you. I know it's a holiday and all."

"Monday or Tuesday is fine with us and you can even come back today or tomorrow if you want to," I said. "Tuesday is a great dog and we would love for you and your family to adopt her."


After we had adios-ed the man and his two sons and returned to The Cabin, I called Kinky to tell him the great news about Tuesday, on Monday or Tuesday, probably getting adopted and he was as happy about it as he was about Sparky getting adopted. Please keep your fingers crossed that Sparky stays adopted and Tuesday gets her super forever home. And that is about it for tonight.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: