Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Chair!

Today has been great. This afternoon Tony and I met Carol and Kris at El Sol de Mexico for a really fun lunch. We all arrived about the same time and as soon as we sat down at our table, the laughter never stopped.

When we started talking about traveling and our friends going around the world to visit different countries, Kris mentioned our friend going to Paris. "I want to go to Paris, Texas," I said. "To see that famous, tall statue of Jesus wearing cowboy boots. My sister and I have often talked about going up there to see it and visit the graves of distant relatives, because she's into genealogy."

"Are you serious?" Carol asked, while Tony and Kris chuckled.

"Yes, in fact I've just come up with a great idea, thanks to y'all and Kinky. The other day Kinky and I were talking about his upcoming tour which includes Paris, Texas. When I reminded him about me wanting to see the famous statue, he starts teasing me and tells me that I should go to Paris soon, to see the statue of Jesus wearing cowboy boots, because it is number one on my bucket list."

"Tell us about your idea," Kris said.

"I'm thinking about naming my third novella The Cowgirl Sisterhood: Part III, The Bucket List. Carol and I could go to Paris, Texas and solve another mystery."

"Excuse me, but I'm from Paris, Texas," said a young woman, sitting at the table next to ours. "When I heard you say Paris, Texas I couldn't help but ease drop."

"Have you seen the famous statue of Jesus wearing cowboy boots?" Carol asked, the friendly stranger.

"No, I've never heard of it," she answered. "And I lived there most of my life." All of us started laughing.

"Google it," I suggested.

"I will as soon as I get home. Enjoy your lunch." Then she and her friends left the restaurant.

A little later on, I started laughing. "Carol, you've got to tell Kris about The Chair." Carol and Tony burst out laughing.

"Okay. Kris, last week I went Online and ordered a beautiful, comfy chair, for my big room. It is cream colored linen, with windowpane red stripes and has nailed brads."

"It's a beautiful chair," I added.

"It was delivered yesterday. When Nancy and Tony came over to visit me, they saw the chair box, on the deck and Nancy asked me, "Did your chair arrive?" Then Carol, Tony and I started laughing again. "I told her yes, but there is a little problem with it." Then I asked them if they wanted to see it. Nancy says yes, and then she tells Tony, "Tony, don't laugh," as we entered the house. As soon as Nancy saw my chair she burst out laughing and then she and I couldn't stop laughing. I love the chair, but I'm on the fence about shipping it back or keeping it."

"What's wrong with the chair?" Kris asked.

"It's real tiny," Carol answered. "I think it might be a kid's chair."

"Really?" Kris asked, before chuckling.

"Yes. You should have heard all of Nancy's wisecracks about it, as we stared it. Nancy described it best when she said it was the perfect size for a visiting leprechaun. I love the chair. It's comfortable, it supports my back and it fits me perfectly. Nancy even suggested that I put it in the bathroom, because it is so small."

"Carol, I love your new chair and I think you should keep it," I said. "It will be a real ice-breaker when new friends come into your home for the first time. In fact, if I were you I'd invite them in and say nothing about the chair, as they stare at it and wonder if you have grand kids."

"Nancy even suggested that I move all of the end tables away from it, because they are so much taller than the the arms of the chair, so they don't dwarf it," Carol said, followed by us laughing.

"If a tall man sits in it, his knees will be higher than his head is," I added.

"I want to see this chair," Kris said.

"Tony took pictures of it yesterday," Carol continued, "while we were laughing about it. In fact, to show how small it is, he took a picture of Nancy, who is only five-foot-two standing beside me, sitting in the chair and she looks six feet tall."

"It's true," I said. "We need to get Tony to take a picture of you standing beside the chair, because you're only two inches taller than me. Carol, do you mind if I blog about this tonight?"

After Carol had quit laughing she told me that I could. Here's Tony's picture and that is about it for tonight, because Tony and I are going back over to Carol's ranch for another photo shoot of the chair, with her standing beside it.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: