Friday, August 30, 2013

Guilt Free!

Today has been great. This morning our friends Kris and Jim came out to walk our dogs for us. Brandon, Tony and I went to Koyote Grill with them, to eat lunch and it was a lot of fun, too. Jim and I exchanged recipes, Kris and I talked about this painted pink parking lot, in China, that is exclusively reserved for women, Coach Tom Landry, the upcoming Texas A&M vs. Alabama football game and fall gardening, etc.

On our way home, Tony stopped at our mailbox to get our mail. "There's a big box inside," Tony said, as he leaned out the window to retrieve it. As he grabbed for it, he said, "It's for you." Then he accidentally dropped the box. As he picked it up, he remarked, "Nothing sounds broken. What did you buy from eBay?"

"Four steak plates," I said. "They are Homer Laughlin China, made in USA to match my other four Homer Laughlin China dinner plates. I'm getting rid of our Made In China dishes and giving them to the Salvation Army, because I am tired of everything being made in China or somewhere else."

Then I told them about seeing a television show, earlier in the week, where these people came into a couple's home and removed everything from it that was not made in the USA and the home was basically emptied. "After watching that show, I looked around our trailer to see what would stay and what would go. Fortunately, all of our furniture, including our bed, my guitar, banjo and mandolin, dogs and pictures would stay, but all of our appliances and electronics would disappear. And that is why I bought the Made In USA plates, so we can eat guilt free."

After we dropped Brandon off we came home. Fortunately, my new-used Made In USA restaurant supply plates were not broken and I love them. They are smaller than the size of most of today's plates being sold. The steak plate is 10"x 8" and my dinner plates are 9"round and I especially like that, because you eat less, eating off of a smaller plate, instead of a plate that is the size of a platter.


Late this afternoon a very nice man, that has come out twice in the past week, to check out Sparky, came out and adopted her, after taking her for a long walk down to the creek. We are more than thrilled about her adoption and we have our fingers crossed that Sparky will fit in with his other three dogs. Here's a picture that I took of her adoption just before she took off, in a fancy new truck, to go to her new home, in Kerrville. And that is about it for today.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: