Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies!

Today has been Feng-Shui day. This morning after eating breakfast with Brandon and Tony and cleaning up the kitchen, I made myself a cup of Donut Shop Coffee. Then I went into Outer Space, with our dogs, for some quiet time with our dogs.

By the time my coffee mug was empty I had decided to clear out some clutter in the big room and deep-clean it. I was excited about my project, but my dogs weren't. When our dogs saw me drag Hazel out of our bedroom closet, they raced to the front door, to be let outside.

As soon as Abbie, Mama, Belle, Beau and Roy were outside, I plugged Hazel in and began vacuuming up their latest dog hair that was gracing our old wooden floor. After that hair-raising experience, I filled up three, large plastic containers with clutter, while listening to Direct TV's New Age music channel.

When Brandon and Tony came inside The Cabin, after doing the morning chores, I was vacuuming up some deserted cobwebs from the corners of the room. Then Brandon asked, "Nancy, is there anything I can do to help you?"

While Brandon made three non-stop, round trips, carrying the heavy containers, to the barn, I quickly basted some chicken thighs, with barbecue sauce and then I shoved the pan of chicken into the oven to bake, for our afternoon lunch.

Bless Brandon. He helped me remove the light bulbs and the fixtures from the ceiling fan, so I could wash the fixtures and then he held the fan blades still for me, so I could clean them. Then he put the fixtures and light bulbs back where they belonged.

Two hours later, the big room was sparkling clean, clutter free and our lunch was ready to be served. Tony and Brandon loved the juicy BBQ chicken and the chopped broccoli lunch. They cleaned their plates, before I washed them.

Kinky called me this afternoon to talk about the weather, his two rescued cats and their two kittens and The Friedmans. "Nance, I'm reading it right now and it says that tomorrow we have a forty percent chance for rain. The coast is getting some action....The Friedmans are finally starting to ignore the cats and live in harmony with them."

Early this evening Carol came over for a short, but fun visit. She brought with her two Baggies, full of her delicious, healthy, homemade oatmeal cookies. "This big bag is for you and Tony since there are two of you and the smaller bag is for Brandon." And that is about it for tonight, because I am going over to the Lodge to visit with Kinky and to give Brandon Carol's cookies.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: