Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Bacon-a-tor Part II!

Today has been great, but I'll tell you about that later. Yesterday evening, Eileen, our dear friend/volunteer, sent me two pictures to post that she took at Tony's surprise birthday party on Friday. The first picture I looked at made me laugh out loud, because Eileen captured Ellen's shocked expression, when she first saw her BLT, with only one strip of bacon on it.


The second picture that Eileen sent to me is of Tony blowing out his tall candles on his gigantic, delicious chocolate birthday cake.


Yesterday was a busy day. Several people came out to take tours and to check out our dogs, even though it was pretty hot outside, but unfortunately no one came out to adopt. But the good news is, Sadie, the sweet dog that Tony and Brandon rescued, that we took immediately to Hoegemeyers has been adopted to a great home, thanks to Dr. Janssen and his sweet wife Kathy.

When they met Sadie, they called their good friend and neighbor to tell them about Sadie. The man came to the clinic to meet Sadie and as Kathy later told me, "It was love at first sight."

Remember me telling y'all about purchasing a Nike+ Fuel band, well all I have to say is that I LOVE IT! Yesterday, was my first day to wear it all day and by five o'clock last night, I had reached my goal of 2,000 Nike+ Fuel! And by the time I took it off, because it was time for bed and I had a grand total of 2,544 Nike+ Fuel! (Nike+ Fuel reflects your level of effort throughout the day and it is calculated the same way for everyone, so you can compete with friends.)

This morning I was so excited about it, I called two friends and then my sister to tell them how great a motivator it was. Then I started walking, inside The Cabin, with Leslie Sansone. Before noon, I had reached my daily goal of 2,000 Nike Fuel and I could not quit pressing the button, on the band, to watch it spell out GOAL. Then I took a picture of it to prove to Mari that I had done it.


And as I finish writing tonight, I just checked my Fuel and I have less than 400 points to go to have doubled my goal today.


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: