Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Of Love!

Today has been great. Late this morning while I was cooking lunch for Brandon, Tony and me, I decided to feng-shui Outer Space, because it needed a face lift. All of the cushions had faded, the old, cracked, faded, vinyl tablecloth needed replacing and Hazel needed to vacuum it, etc.

So after lunch, Tony and I took off for Home Depot, so I could purchase a few flowers and vegetable plants for my upcoming small container, fall garden project. I was hoping to buy kale, broccoli and chard, but they were already sold out.

When I picked out the potted flowers, I ended up putting the pretty, pink bougainvillea plant back, because unbeknown to me, it had thorns and when I tried to reposition it, in our cart, it pricked my finger and made it bleed a tiny drop of blood, after I had squeezed my finger real hard. Tone thought it was pretty funny and he teased me about being a drama queen and forcing my finger to bleed.

Before coming home, we went to the other side of town, so I could purchase some cheap, new place mats and a vinyl tablecloth. Then we came home and my labor day of love began.

As I write this, my back is now killing me, because I spent over two full hours feng-shuing and deep cleaning our screened-in porch aka Outer Space. But, I am not complaining, because I totally love how it looks and feels now! Here are a few pictures of our newly improved Outer Space.



I took this one, sitting in my chair, admiring our beautiful view, that we enjoy.


And as I finish writing this tonight, I took this picture, from our kitchen window inside, because that is what I will see everyday, when I wash our dishes or just glance out the window. Tomorrow we are taking Labor Day off. Happy Labor Day to all!


Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: