Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tunnel Vision!

Today has been great. I spent most of the afternoon doing paperwork, returning phone calls and e-mails. Our good friend Jim, The Mineral Man, sent me a couple of pictures that he took last Saturday of Eileen who volunteered to dress up as a bat, to help celebrate Old Tunnel's one-hundredth anniversary.

Old Tunnel State Park is a wildlife management area near Fredericksburg. There is an abandoned railroad tunnel there that is home to millions of Brazilian Free-Tailed Bats and several of our friends/volunteers also volunteer there. Here are a couple of pictures of Eileen, cutting-up in her bat costume, for Jim, which I've titled, Tunnel Vision.




Around 3:30, Carol called to invite us to come over for a visit. When she asked when we wanted to come over, I didn't hesitate for a second and said, "Now. I've been doing paperwork all day and I need a break and want to laugh..."

As always we had a fun time over at Carols. We sat out on her deck and we had a good laugh about us becoming more forgetful, while Tony took pictures and identified birds for us. Unfortunately, I've already forgotten which birds he identified for us, but they were real pretty. And that is about it for tonight—I think?

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: