Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy Birthday June!

Today has been another hot, dog days of summer day and I've about had it with the heat, no rain and the serious drought that we are in. For the past two weeks we've had consecutive one-hundred-degree days and it is starting to take its toll on me, but I am fighting it, by doubling my Nike+ daily goal.

Actually I am not depressed, yet. I'm just tired of feeling sorry whenever I look at the trees, shrubs, grass, animals, fish, birds, turtles, rivers and dried up creeks—all needing precious water. We have a twenty percent chance of rain this evening and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will rain. And if it doesn't rain by 6:30, I plan to walk with Leslie, inside The Cabin, until I triple my daily goal of 2,000.

I know that I always start my posts with, "Today has been a great day," and it actually has been a great day, I just needed to vent about the weather.

Late this morning, Robert and Lynn, from Fredericksburg, came out to look at our dogs and possibly adopt one, because they had heard me talking about our rescue ranch, on the radio last week. Robert had called me on Thursday morning, right after I had done Harley's Show, to make an appointment with me for today and after a nice visit with Robert on the phone, I was excited about him and his wife possibly adopting one of our super dogs from us.

When Robert and Lynn arrived with their three cute grandchildren, all little girls, I was very impressed with the couple from the git-go. After meeting them, I gave them a tour of our rescue ranch, because Tony had gone to Medina to get a battery and feed.

 By the time Tony had returned home, Lynn and Robert had adopted Wilma, and they were already gone, so they could take their grandchildren back home to San Antone. "Did we miss them?" Tony asked.

"Yes. They adopted Wilma and they are going to meet us tomorrow, in Kerrville, to pick her up and take her home. They didn't want Wilma to have to be cooped up in their small car all of the way to San Antone and then to Fredtown..." Tony and Brandon were as thrilled as me about Wilma getting a super forever home.

And that's about it for tonight, but before I start walking with Leslie again, for the third time today, I want to wish June, our dear friend/volunteer, a very Happy Birthday with many more to come. And I also want to thank my dear friend, Harley Belew, for helping us get Wilma Flintstone a great home.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: