Sunday, November 8, 2009

Why Don't You Take My Space Ship!

Last night I watched The Soloist, and it really depressed me. The night before I watched Seven Pounds. I liked the movie, but it depressed me, too. I should have known better, because I am one of those people who can only watch comedies and romance movies, because the other stuff either scares me or depresses me.

Last night I had really strange dreams that I didn't like, and they didn't make much sense to me, so when I woke up this morning I wasn't my usual happy self. I wasn't depressed, just weirded out. When Tony got home, he picked up on it immediately, and he asked me to tell him about my dreams. I didn't want to, but I did.

"I was somewhere strange, indoor some kind of big building, meeting up with all of these people, who kept telling me that they were real important, but I didn't know any of them or have a clue as to why I was there. They were all excited, and talking about finally discovering the place where the people who actually control our planet lived. They said it was "50, 52 then drop down to 'J'" and that was the place. Unfortunately, I didn't have a globe handy or a map, but it sounded like they were using a world atlas, which I didn't have either.

Then my sweet sister-in-law, Nita shows up out of nowhere, and she tells me to ride with her on her sailboat, to the place, but I told her no, because I knew we had to go over a steep waterfall, and in all of my years of sailboat racing with Jim, I'd never gone over a waterfall in a sailboat, and we had a retractable keel! As everyone was scurrying off to get to '50, 52 then drop down to 'J', I woke up—thank goodness, because I did not want to go!

Tony, it doesn't make any sense to me, but I can't quit thinking about '50, 52 then drop down to 'J.' What do you think it means?"

"Wow, Nance," T. said, seriously, while shaking his head sideways. "I think it means that you really are crazy, and that you should only watch movies that are romantic or funny, and you should stay away from the other stuff." Then he started laughing! 

After we drank our healthy breakfast smoothies, as Tony was fixin' to leave to go outside to do his morning chores, he said, "Nance, I'll be back in a little while. I'm going to '50, 52 then drop down to 'J' now!" Then he started laughing, again, which made me laugh out loud.

"You better take a life jacket!" I half-hollered at him, as he was walking through the yard gate. Nita doesn't know how to sail! Better yet, why don't you take my Space Ship!"

I laughed about my stupid dream, all of the way though my six mile workout with Leslie, then I quickly cleaned up, because Michelle and Janette, good friends of our good friends, Ellen and Charlie Cooper, were coming out at ten o'clock to adopt our precious Rosanna Dana!

At ten-twenty, as Rosanna Dana rode away in a big fancy Suburban, I said, "Tone, did you see how fast she jumped into their backseat? She couldn't wait to get out of here. I am so happy for her!"

After the super adoption, I went into the Space Ship and did some more painting. When I was done, I came inside the trailer and made two seat cushions for the breakfast nook, then Tony helped me hang, Ann's darling plastic chandelier, that she gave me, above the table that I made. Here's a few pictures of my finished project. 

This afternoon it rained and we got a little over three-quarters of an inch! Just before dark, Kinky and Frank came over to meet Smilin' Jack, and to check out my Space Ship! They liked my breakfast nook, and they fell in love with Smilin' Jack! Unfortunately, it was too dark outside to shoot a video clip, so I will take one tomorrow, so y'all can see this amazing dog in action! I love Smilin' Jack, and so will you!

P.S. Kinky is going to be doing Sammy Allred's radio show tomorrow, between noon and two, on 98.8 in Austin! I hope that you can catch it! I'm fixin' to watch It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World! 

Y'all have a great evening! 

5 comments:

DY_Goddess said...

Awww Nance, I have crazy dreams too that don't make much sense. Yours sounds like a game of Battleship. pretty much. In any event, Tony seems to get a kick ou to 'em LOL!!!
I had a weird weekend, to match your crazy dreams. It's all over now & here's to a great week ahead for all of us!
Fay xoxoxo

DY_Goddess said...

P.S. Your space ship is looking out of this world! Great job!!!

Anonymous said...

nance, your sleeping brain makes stories as good as your awake brain.

Christy Cotter said...

I am so happy for Rosanna Dana! She is a sweet girl and deserves a good home!
Tasha is doing very well. I see her just about everyday, and when I walk in, she looks my way and saunters over for her ear scratch.
Christy

cousin nancy said...

Thank y'all for your comments!