Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Uncle Leonard!

This morning after feeding our dogs, and Lucky, I checked my e-mail. I had one spam, and a note from D&D! They wrote that Uncle Leonard is doing good so far at the Trail's End Guest House, and that they will keep me updated with daily reports! Tony, Kinky and I have our fingers crossed for that great little dog, with a twelve inch inseam! We love you, Uncle Leonard!

After breakfast, I walked six miles with Leslie, while Tony did his chores outside. Then Tone, who I have now nicknamed, Mr. Blue Jeans, did some farm work on Facebook, while I plowed through some paperwork on the kitchen table.

This afternoon, I realized that I needed to go to H.E.B. in Kerrville, because I needed to get a few more things for our Thanksgiving dinner, and I also wanted to buy a new coffee pot, thanks to our part-time poltergeist. 

While Tony and Buttermilk waited outside for me in the parking lot, I race walked through H.E.B., and that was not an easy task, since everyone in Kerrville was there. I was determined to only get ten items, so I could check out faster, but unfortunately that didn't happen. The twenty-nine dollar, Mr. Coffee, pushed the number up to eleven! 

When I saw that all of the checkout lines were backed up two to three carts, I did what everyone in the store would do—I cheated, and got into the ten items or less line. While the friendly clerk, checked out the two carts in front of me, I starting feeling guilty, and wondering if I would not get into heaven, because of Mr. Coffee.

When it was my turn to get checked out, I was relieved that no one was standing in line behind me, waiting to get checked out! While the clerk scanned my items, I quickly started filling out my check, to help speed things up. When she told me how much it would be, I filled in the amount and handed her my check, and then I lied. "Gosh, I thought I had ten items, not eleven. I'm sorry."

"It's no big deal," The young woman said, with a smile on her face. "No one is behind you. It's okay. Don't worry about it."

Well, I worried about it all of the way to Buttermilk, and then I confessed to Tony, as he loaded up the groceries. He thought it was funny, even though I didn't play by the rules and had lied.

On our way home, I figured out a way to right my wrong at H.E.B.! The next two times that I have ten items or less in my grocery cart, I will intentionally not use the ten items or less checkout lane! Hopefully, that will right my wrong doing. 

When we got home we put up the ten turkey day groceries. Then I filled Perky, the percolator, up with water, and put some fresh cut flowers, that had been item number six on my H.E.B. grocery receipt, into it. Then I took this picture of Perky, the flower pot, next to Mr. Coffee.

A few minutes later, Kinky called and invited us to come over to the Lodge. Tone didn't want to go, because he had some Facebook farming to do, so Buttermilk took me over the river and through the woods to Kinky's.

He and I had a nice visit in his kitchen, then we moved our conversation into his office, then we went outside to play with The Friedmans. "Nance, let's go for a short walk with The Friedmans," Kinky suggested. We took off.

Twenty minutes later, as we were walking up to the Lodge, we saw Frank standing outside. After greetings, Frank wanted to know if we wanted to go on a short walk with him. Kinky and I looked at each other, "Sure," Kinky and I said, in two part harmony. We took off, again.

Thirty minutes later, after climbing a steep cliff, that could have killed me, if I had fallen, the three of us returned safely to the Lodge with The Friedmans. As we stood outside by Buttermilk, and caught our breaths, Frank invited Kinky and me to go on another hike with him. "Sorry Frank, I've got to get home," I said.

"Sure Frank, why not? See you in the morning, Nance. Bye," Kinky said, as I took off in Buttermilk, and they took off for another 'short' walk.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: