Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Piece Of Cake!

This morning, after walking eight miles with Leslie, Kinky called. He invited Tony and me over to the Lodge for a visit. When we arrived Kinky was in his office talking on the phone. A minute later, Kinky was in the kitchen with us drinking coffee. "Can Tony and I have some Hummingbird cake? I want T. to try it! It's delicious, Tone. You'll love it!"

Thirty seconds later, Tony and I were sitting at the table eating a piece of cake, while Kinky talked to us about his busy upcoming schedule. He told us that he was going to Austin this afternoon and would be back tomorrow. "What are y'all doing for lunch today?" Kinky asked. "I'm meeting Max and Brie for lunch at one. Why don't y'all join us?"

"We do have to go to Kerrville today to get Trigger inspected," I said, before Kink took off for his office to answer his phone. "Tone, I am going to go see if Mr. Green Jeans is street legal." I then went outside to Kinky's truck, and saw that Mr. Green Jeans' state inspection sticker was way past due! We're talking July '09!

When I returned to the kitchen, I told Kinky about him needing an inspection sticker for his green truck. "Hey Kinky, why don't we do this for lunch! Tony and I do this every year when the vehicles need to get inspected. We drop off Buttermilk and Trigger at Balser's Auto to get their inspection stickers, which is right next door to the Acapulco restaurant! We eat lunch, and then pick up our cars and drive away! There's no waiting!" Before leaving the Lodge, we agreed to meet at Balser's at one o'clock.

While Trigg and Green Jeans took turns getting inspected, Tony, Kinky, Max, Brie and I enjoyed a fun lunch next door! When lunch was done, so were our trucks. They passed inspection! After saying our goodbyes, Kinky took off for Austin, and we took off for Home Depot, so I could buy a few boards.

The dogs were barking when we arrived back at the rescue ranch, because of some deer who had no fear. They were standing about four feet away from a couple of dog pens eating grass, and they were driving our dogs crazy. Fortunately, as soon as the deer saw us, they ran off into the woods to hide.

While T. unloaded my lumber outside, I wrote a check inside, so Tony could go to Medina to get Trigger's and Buttermilk's new license plates. When I was done, Tone was done. As soon as he drove off for Medina, I went into the Space Ship to set up shop! I was bound and determined to finish my breakfast nook. I purposefully wore my cheaters, instead of the bifocals, so I wouldn't get screwed, again.

Forty-five minutes later, when Tony returned, I was completely covered in sawdust, and trying to hang some cabinet doors, that I had made for the boxed in seats, because I had decided to store stuff under the seats. It was perfect timing! Five minutes later, with T.'s help, the nook was finished, except for the table that I plan to make tomorrow! I will post pictures as soon as it is totally finished! I've still got to make seat cushions.

I'm going to bed early, because I'm doing The Harley Show in the morning. I hope that y'all can catch it.

Y'all have a great evening!

No comments: